Banned for trying to play

So I come back to Overwatch. Not sure why now. After 9 min que in trying to find a ranked game I get DC while trying to connect. I try again and I am able to scrim and after about 9 min it finds a game. AGAIN it cant connect. I go back to try a 3rd time and I have a 1 hour suspension. So yeah no wonder this game has que times the length of games and a community that knows the Devs dont give a crap about this dead game. I played 2 games fine before this streak of Disconnects and played fine last night. But after this I may be done for good.

Blizzard is not responsible for your crappy internet

12 Likes

Try updating your $2 internet connection.

8 Likes

Ahhh yes, classic forum.

Instead of saying it could be related to ISP’s it’s directly said that it’s their internet.

Especially knowing regions have been unlocked now

3 Likes

ISP = INTERNET service provider.
SO it’s still an issue with their internet…

2 Likes

I am aware of that?

They’re both suggesting it as his crappy internet, aka the package/deal he chose.
I’m saying it’s not directly related to that.

It is the same thing, cheap out plan, just plain crap ISP. Shouldnt be queueing for comp, not blizzard’s fault.

Could be the ISP blizzard is using.

And apart from that, with unlocked regions it will be causing more problems than ever.

That is not how any of this works. If there were server issues, it would be way more than just OP, it would be everyone currently on that server.

2 Likes

LOL happened to me 3 days ago. I work for an ISP and I can tell you most of the time it’s on the gaming companies side most of them use a cheap ISP like the one I work for.

It probably was a simple server overload in the OP’s region

You have a Canadian Flag and dissing internet. All your ISP’s are bad in CA

The datacenter the servers are hosted at go through another ISP, most likely not the ISP the OP is using.
This doesn’t mean necessarily that a server is down at that moment.

Yeah makes sense then.

Though with the regions unlocked i think it could be that something isn’t going right for him either if he hasn’t encountered this as normal behaviour before.

True it could be him as well. Most ppl don’t understand how complex data transfer is and how it could be one or the other or both. Truthfully calling his ISP could clarify that if he wants to know for sure

1 Like

im living in russia with perfect internet and i noticed that occasionally matchmaker picks servers with 200+ ping that are located not in my region
he probably victim of same problem

1 Like

But how can you say for sure when you aren’t them?

As Disco said, it would be a lot more than OP if it was a server issue.

If you can’t reliably maintain connection, whether it’s your service or Blizzard’s problem, it’s not a good idea to play comp. Sometimes there’s no viable solution.

Life isn’t fair. :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

9 minute queue time? Are you queing for DPS only or something? Try playing a different class and your queue time will decrease DRAMATICALLY.

What a trash community this game has. I have fiber internet and I was streaming Twitch on my second monitor while this was happening. What a childish answer “Update $2 internet” What are you 9 years old?

3 Likes

They were pretty rude with their response. Based on your initial post and your most recent comment it might be in you best interest to move on to another title.

I don’t know if this may be helpful to consider, but even if you have a really good connection, and never had any major issues, stuff happens. That’s life. Roll with it. I get people want to vent their frustrations, but what are we accomplishing when no one can determine a fault and it can’t be rectified in a situation like this?

I know soon as I have any type of connection issue, I stay far away from comp. Even if it’s just a ping that’s 10-20% higher than normal. Your circumstances are different because of streaming. That’s unfortunate. Some things are just out of our control. Find something that makes you happy, where you aren’t feeling the community is sucking the life out of your interactions.

Play a DPS character? LOL maybe in my dreams one day. I was in Open que trying to get my placement games done. I can play a entire game in scrim, get switched to another match and still be in que waiting. I only play DPS with a fast pass ticket thing and when it claims it would be under 5 min wait.