Ban system perma-banning clean accounts since Monday

Last week I was also permanently banned. For “Various and continued actions deemed inappropriate for Overwatch”. I sent an appeal and got a bot response. 2 days ago I sent another appeal and was told by GM Gengaxil that “ After reviewing this case and going over some details on your account, we will be upholding this penalty”. I wasn’t told why I was banned when I asked and was sent a link to their terms. I have only been suspended once before for 2 weeks where again I was given no explanation. I’ve had my account since 2017 and I’ve got thousands of hours and over a thousand dollars put into it. I was also told there will be no more appeals looked at on this topic. This feels so unfair to me and all the other players this is happening to. I have not used any profane language either at another player or in isolation. It feels hopeless but what can I even do from this point?

3 Likes

I’m in the exact same boat as you, I’ve previously had a 2 week suspension.
I also contacted support and got the exact same reply from a GM, and now I’ve had my new ticket “Opened” for 6 days with no response…
My account is also 5+ years old and countless of thousands of hours and hundreds of euros have been spent on it… I think the best thing to do is to just wait and try to reach support again, there has to be something wrong with the system with this many people getting not just permanently banned but in general.

3 Likes

I think the only answer is to never play or touch anything from Blizzard again. The funny part is rly, we have it in our hands. Givem money or not, without our money blizzard is nothing. Sadly we eat and take everything they throw at us like little pigs we are.

i mean look! They can just do what they want, even if you pay more money than the Game is worth. They can just ban you and no one bats an eye. They get rid of all support employe so no one can complain. This is so insane to me. But We.Just.Eat!

2 Likes

When you contacted them? What did the GM tell you and what did you tell them? Was it similar to what I was told?

2 Likes

So happy for you! Looks like they sorting it all out (hopefully lol).

1 Like

gg if only cassoh said it “BAAANNNED !!!”

1 Like

i just got a comp ban for the rest of season 10 for absolutely no reason, one day im fine, the other day i cant play an entire season of comp.
the game is going downhill people.

2 Likes

I contacted them a week ago, I got the same exact copypasta message from a “GM”.
Still no response on the ticket but just have to be patient with this… it is annoying though.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. In addition my whole group (4 people) was banned tuesday for no reason. Plus a friend of mine has gotten their alt accounts banned which were unused for like 2 seasons…

3 Likes

Banned April 22nd at 10:28pm cst. Opened a ticket immediately, first response from Blizzard was April 23rd 2:50am cst. I reopened the ticket a few hours later. Final response unbanning me was April 24th 5:29pm cst.

2 Likes

i got season banned for comp because the game had a server error and prevented me from loading into a found game. logged on the next day and im banned from season 10. the game is dog

1 Like

yeah ive had the same. no wonder so many people have quit the game

3 Likes

Yes i got permban too and my mates

1 Like

Still no reply to my second message in the support ticket… :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Update; Ban was lifted and my account is now open again. Just checked battle net app and saw that the “Account banned” text was gone. No email or response to support ticket yet. Good luck to everyone getting their accounts back!

2 Likes

I just checked too and my account was unbanned too! I hope everyone else is unbanned too or asap, much love for blizz

3 Likes

Ban lifted. However no response to ticket or email. Ticket still open. Good luck to those still waiting.

2 Likes

My ban got lifted too!!! Also no e-mail, yet.

Good luck to those who are still waiting, looks like they solving it!

4 Likes

Thanks for the thread. Huge help.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome! Also everyone in the same boat replying to it, helps a lot. I would not have been able to do it alone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes