Ban smurfs faster or even instantly!

no one bans them, it’s not against rules

5 Likes

Stop saying that, it is. It was answered already before, it’s Gameplay Sabotage, SR Manipulation.

10 Likes

Source?

www.buffed de/Overwatch-Spiel-55018/News/Streamer-Stevooo-Bann-Blizzard-1239891/

“This page is under construction”

1 Like

But anyways, heres a source that says the oposite

8 Likes

Manipulating your SR/MMR, whether intentionally losing or otherwise, is against our EULA, the spirit of OW & sportsmanship in general.

— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) 26. September 2017

1 Like
4 Likes

But the comment by jeff says the oposite

1 Like

and thats a comment from blizzard itself. the other one.

BTW it doesn’t read again.

here.

Throwing is not playing which isnt what you detailed in the thread

Boosted is increasing ANOTHER players rank artificially by playing on their account

Smurfing and Boosting are different

4 Likes

no, Throwing isn’t not playing. You deranking to a lower rank then you should be is forbidden, smurfs do that! Even if you try to climp after it, you break the rules before that.

Smrufing is boosting your own account basically, after you throwed it to a much lower rank then you are.

Yes the action of Throwing to reach that rank is bad, but theres no detailing anywhere about your GM account beeing in bronze beeing banneable

If you threw so much to reach down there, why climb back up?

Then thats not really smurfing is it?

Its a really gray line, and its confusing, but, honestly, boosting is different regardless…

Not like it matters whats banneable and whats not because the report system is broken

It isnt against the rules, it takes the matchmaker forever to put them where you belong, and you will be fine.

it is as its pointed out on their twitter post.

Most smurfs are decayed trash playing on alt accounts cause they fell off. Just practice in deathmatch and watch a ton of pro streamers and in about a few months you’ll pop these guys like nothing. Blizzard is never going to do what you ask for, you can improve yourself so much that these problems will mean nothing to you in the future. Do what you can, Blizzard don’t care.

Having an alt isn’t the same as smurfing and intentionally deranking. I’d rather you defer to the lead dev’s, Jeff Kaplan, response.

Since his answer does trump all.

2 Likes

not everyone wants to be a pro player, i want fair matches, smurfs destroy exactly taht :wink:

i didnt talk about an alt. I talked about smurfs.

You can’t prove if someone is smurfing or if it is just an alt account matchmaker hasn’t put in the right spot yet :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

See it’s not even about wanting to be pro, it’s just understanding what fps are. If you can get really good at one you’ll carry that into every game you play in the future. Anyone can get gud. Just takes awhile, but trust me its worth. You’re able to enjoy things better when you understand them.