Ban for using Ps5 DualSense controller

Hello, I got my account permanently banned as of Friday and submitted two appeals from both automated response. On the second appeal, it’s now stating I used an “ unauthorized peripheral device”. I submitted a ticket today with images of my set up and the only controller I have, ps5 dualsense controller I bought this year. I don’t own any other 3rd devices, nor cheat or have time to cheat. If there’s any way to overturn the decision due to the ps5 dualsense controller. Mutual friends have been thru this same process and advised I do the same.

8 Likes

Same issue. Got banned last season, played a few games this season. now banned again. i have nothing but my dual sense edge and a usb audio interface that splits my mic and headphone. other people use the dual sense edge too in my household but they dont play overwatch comp as much as i do. so hard for me to tell if it is the controller. is there some sort of bias on this controller or?

5 Likes

Mutuals have shown me their tickets and saying that the bug was in the controller and it caused a false ban. And after a while, they get their accounts restored. I hope blizzard can address it. It seems unfair.

1 Like

Same here as well. I was falsely banned about a week ago and i use the same controller! i hope blizzard addresses this and everyone who got falsely banned gets their account restored because its just extremely unfair to anyone who plays fairly. support hasn’t been much help with automated AI responses

6 Likes

The AI responses are disappointing. I hope addressing this issue works. I don’t want to make a new account. I don’t like being called a cheater or a liar cus I’m not. I love OW and the friends I made with it. It’s just sad that over a Sony Controller I got banned.

3 Likes

I got banned too and I use the same controller as well :frowning: I hope this is addressed I got back into overwatch a month back and got banned while using the dual sense edge controller not even 2 maybe 3 weeks later, I was banned September 11th and support hasn’t been helping at all :confused:

5 Likes

My friends are wondering if the newest controllers coming up would get them banned as well

I feel you and Ive been playing overwatch for 10 years starting Christmas this year :confused: so it’s painful losing everything I earned legitimately, including my rank and such. Plus the hundreds I’ve spent on some skins. I genuinely hope everything regarding this gets fixed soon hopefully before drives too because I’ve completed every drive they ever released because I’m kind of a completionist so it’ll be upsetting to miss out on this one for me :,(

5 Likes

Same. It just feels like a slap to the face. Disappointing and I’m not trying to take it personal but it’s overwhelming.

1 Like

I got also banned while using dualsense edge controller like a month ago. Before I got suspended while using nacon revolution 5 pro controller but then I switched to the edge and got banned.

1 Like

It’s worrisome because it’s the only controller I own

i used up both my appeals and it seems like there’s just a lack of humans to even help me out. How can i be cheating if i literally only use a controller.

That’s what I’m saying. It’s disappointing

Nahh… That’s not what’s going on here. Also I’m sick of seeing this 10 year account perma banned for hacking.

I’m probably one of the most toxic people, the most I’ve been banned is a season for inappropriate communication (Calling Teammates trash).

You and your flunkies of Cheaters, lent out your account. When you received it back it was a perma ban. Of course no refund on that boost I bet. Show the full Appeal response, I guarantee it is not a mistake.

Why would I lend my account? I’m not desperate for wins. My k/d ratio was terrible and I did that on my own.

2 Likes

I am gm widow main and I have been playing for 9 years. I play with dualsense edge and got perma banned.

I just hope awareness comes to this issue soon

why would any legitimate player posting about this issue on forums give their account away? If anyone was banned for boosting or getting boosted it would explicitly state that on our emails, which by the way it does not, I have been in gm since overwatch 1 in season 6 and i’ve been in champion for the past 5 seasons, I’ve never been boosted and I mostly solo queue and occasionally duo or trio. Any smart person wouldn’t put their 10 year old account at risk

2 Likes

Facts. I think the guy is trolling

3 Likes

He is rage baiting fr, I’ve literally been playing for 10 years as well, it’s just sad, I play most projectile as well, yet the perma banned me I think it’s a bug which sensors the dualsense edge as something else I hope it can be fixed I’ve done nothing but support the company for 10 years spend thousands of dollars just to get perma banned for playing the game fairly, it also sucks that there is legitimate ximmers out there who xim on the daily and have been for multiple years I know some of them and they still haven’t gotten banned but its the controller players get banned for doing nothing :confused:

4 Likes