Balance Discussion – Apr 2021 – PR & WR Charts

I fail to see how anyone can have any valuable balance discussion based on pick rate and win rate alone.

1 Like

And yet she’s one of the most picked heroes in OWL right now so she’s DEFINITELY not getting any buffs.

Hopefully this makes the Devs push through whatever rework she’s getting in OW2 to happen now.

And realistically she does NOT need buffs. She had a really good pickrate/was meta a bit ago before Rush hit GM like a truck.

1 Like

This season the 2 heroes I’ve played the most have been Brigitte and Torbjorn. Both are the the bottom 3 of these charts, nice.

I couldnt care less about GM since im not there. Rein got a nerf, it was justified, although i would have much rather have seen dmg reduction then armor and HP drop. Cree is pretty much the best generalist across almost ALL ranks (minus Bronze i think). And then u check the forum and one guy tries to explain that he is fine :smile:

These rankings are irrelevant, since pickrates depend on too many factors to be legitimate insight into actual in game balance or power.

Example: Lucio: Only meta as an accessory for Reinhart, and without being a Reinhart parasite, is generally the least useful pick among supports.

People will only use any information that remotely supports their narrative and ignore anything that doesn’t.

2 Likes

How’d you get high bronze? I’m low bronze!!!

Continues playing Flank Symmetra

Guys Symmetra has a better win rate than McCree.

SYMMETRA MAINS, ASSEMBLE!

1 Like

Looks at pickrate

At least she is good at what she does right?

Doesn’t winrate usually ignore matches with mirrors?

Lmao that Cree pickrate. Almost on Double-barrier level for Orisa or Sigma. And people say he’s not OP. Pffft.

The same for Rein-Zarya, but not so much. They need some nerfs, but unlike Cree situation the entire role needs serious buffs, mostly reverts. Shield hp for Orisa, KG cooldown/M1 damage/stun duration for Sigma, knockback/Piledriver nerfs for Hamster, maybe even Hog’s damage to 175. Game balance is clearly in a disastorous state, we haven’t had a hard-meta like this one since Double-barrier or Moth. And if these three don’t get meaningful nerfs in the next ExC, you might as well uninstall the game.

I’ve seen GM Rats play before. I just wanted to say spammy spammy because it sounds funny

1 Like

because pickrate and winrate don’t show the full story on how effective a hero is.

a lot of pickrate percentage is from popularity, that’s why brig never had a high pickrate during her days. and winrate isn’t very telling because if both teams have that same hero, one of them is going to lose and lower said winrate

1 Like