Bad Lag/Response Issues Out Of Nowhere (details inside)

Hello. I have been playing Overwatch for quite a while without issues on my ROG GL553 laptop, and yet in the last two and a half-ish weeks I have noticed that everything is super slow when I boot up Overwatch. When I go into arcade (which is where I bug test/warm up/test new characters) it feels like I’m moving in slow motion, with the display barely able to keep up. As a habit from before I had a decent laptop I close almost everything that I don’t need before a game. (Discord is maybe the only thing that gets a constant pass). I would like to pick the community’s brains to try and figure out what’s going on because my laptop doing quite well for a while. My computer has occasionally been finicky with games before, mostly Bethesda.

Things that have been ruled out/tried

• I have no existing previous backup so I can’t roll back to a previous point. (No idea how that happened)
  • According to Gaming Center my laptop temp is what it should be if I’m reading the temps correctly.
  • I have been going through and cleaning up my computer with both the Defragmenter on Windows and Razer’s clean-up method. I also uninstalled a couple of other games I didn’t think I’d touch any time soon.
  • I am in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling, in case that might do something.

This thread covers a similar model to your laptop