Overwatch not running well on ROG Gaming Laptop

Hi guys,

This is my first post and really a last resort and I’ve searched everywhere for a fix to my issues. I have an Asus ROG GL552JX gaming laptop with an NVIDIA Geforce gtx 950m.

To put it simply, overwatch does not run well. I experience constant stutters and the game just generally does not feel smooth at all. I can get around 80-85 fps at best, with all my settings on the absolute lowest, giving overwatch high priority, closing back ground apps, etc etc. I have tried all of the tutorials on how to clear your pc and close unnecessary applications, and tips and tricks to make the game run faster, nothing has worked.

Especially in big fights you can really feel the stutters and freezes and its super annoying. I know my laptop isnt the best, but surely it should run overwatch decently on the lowest of all settings?

I have also reduced my render scale to 75% and still experience this.

I dont think it is an FPS issue, because even if I put my screen resolution down i get like 120+ fps but the lags and stutters still occur. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Is it a bug with ROG laptops or my specific Nvidia card? All my drivers are up to date as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Did you check the stickies in this forum? I think your issue might be covered in this thread. If you try those steps and they don’t help, report back.

Hi Thank you for your reply.

I have tried all of this and still am experiencing stutters and generally unpleasant gameplay.

Thanks.

I had read in another thread that mobile nVidia cards were having both overheating and seating issues. Can you check these?

Have you inspected your NVidia Control Panel to ensure that the GPU knows to run at maximum performance when Overwatch is running. This will also ensure that you are running off your NVidia GPU and not by chance the integrated graphic chipset on the motherboard.