Backfill not working any more

Q490NV - Our healer leave. No replacement, no motivation to play any more.

No back fill for at all. Just had to sit around and take the L. ABV2CJ

Have had numerous QP games over the last few days with no backfill. Makes it rough when its your team and then when its the other team it kills the game and you spend however long just standing around waiting for the match to end.

Yeah, same. just got out of a QP game which was 3v5 for the entire game (2 players left during the startup and no one backfilled the rest of the game). this has been on going for over a week now :frowning:

A57SKJ another match again…

yup this has been a problem since the start of season 8, i find its about for me at least 1 out of 5-7 matches i get the bug. I’ve also noticed i get backfill alot less than i used to, i used to get back fill like every 3 matches my fourth was almost always a backfill match. now its maybe the 8-9 match if even that i get backfill

Still seeing this days later. Seriously ruins matches, we were winning and then for whatever reason a guy left, then had to spend the next few minutes struggling in vain not to lose.

If nothing else please disable leaver penalties on matches like this so we don’t have to waste time playing a game that’s already over, ffs

I first reported it nearly 2 months ago.

Blizzard, how hard could this possibly be to fix?

1 Like

The replay code of the match is good to share as proof of the incident.

Had the same problem several times in the last days, sometimes 1 player missing the whole game, sometimes more, had 5v4,5v3 and 4v4 games

Same here. I’ve only had the game auto end at 5 v 2. At least that code is still working. But whatever code they have to backfill, they must have deleted because it’s starting to get ridiculous. And they can’t claim people aren’t playing because queue times aren’t that long.

Writing from Korea, it seem we are not the only ones experiencing QP backfill problem.
It tends to happen more and more often these days (about 95% chance).

Hey, so proud of you dev team.
So adorable of you enjoying lovely year end holidays not even giving a F about what’s going on here.

NYV3GF - Right at the start of the match, DPS left. As an experienced Team4 player, we put so much in the match that it was really challenging for Team5 to win this game.

I get at least one game per session where this happens now. It seems like the real leaver penalty is for the people who stay to the end.

Any update on this? The issue has been open for nearly 2 weeks and doesn’t seem like there has been any acknowledgment from the dev team. It’s a pretty major issue that greatly affects gameplay.

+1 VERY annoying Blizzard…

It’s took almost 1/6 of the normal games, happend more than 5 times in a full day run. This came along with season 8, and it’s already 2024 now.
Now I start to suspect that those bot games are filled by Blizzard themselves to embellish the active player numbers for financial reports.

Still not fixed… this is really frustrating to deal with for both teams.

Here to report this is still ongoing. GG Blizzard killing your own game. I’m moving on to something else.

I complained about this EIGHT months ago. Now I just had it happen 3 times in an hour. Disgusting.

Buy more skins pls

1 Like