Ayo? Just leave the health alone man

Devs love their health nerfs/buffs huh?

we got thiccree
Weakomaker
Brig-- nah just useless hero now

I’m getting into software development and I’m tryna end up going to college for game design too, I realize it can be difficult to come with an orderly time for these changes but I’d rather take the time to change the true character rather than just the health. Players complain and I feel they should be slightly more respectful and patient about this (I’m guilty of this too).

But I think they really should take more time on things other than simple health changes, health is a big thing, it can make or break a game/hero it can make the game unbearable or too easy. It’s too big of a margin to be used this often to create changes for these heroes, it just holds too much weight for things that should be more minor adjustments.

1 Like

As somebody who originally thought about getting into game design, you’re probably better off making it your hobby, and studying up on data science, python programming and machine learning.

Then go get a job that gives you free time, and plenty of money.

Thanks for the advice I’ll keep that in mind

Just saying, as a guy who wrote his own FPS game server modification with years of tournament play, got about 40 changes into an MMOFPS called PlanetSide 1 including how all the zones are connected, and have a surprisingly high amount of changes I suggested appearing in this game.

Who also has a high paying data analyst job, with enough free time to have an excessive amount of forum posts and game time.

I’ve looked down that road, and wished I didn’t get a throwaway college degree. Things turned out okay, but it’s been a rough road.

Tbh I think the maximum health is something you can change to balance a character.

Maybe not like they did it with Brigitte but I think thiccree and weakomaker are okay