Awful Match Making

It seems OW2 have some kind Match Making Rating system to make balanced games. By balanced games, I expect to have very often games where we have good fights to win.

But in 10 games often I have:
4 victories where is very easy to win
4 defeats where we were stomped
1 victory where we had to fight hard to win
1 defeat where we fought hard

I don’t understand why sometimes the games are so unbalanced, I think a good matchmaking should do something like:
“Ok, we have a player with 1000 skill rating, I’ll put him in a game with players between 800/1200 skill and properly distribute them between the 2 teams to make the 2 teams balanced (like each team with an avg of 1000 rating skill)”

Seen the quantity of unbalanced games, is like if the match making system is doing something like: “Ok, I have 3 players who increased their skill rating from 700 to 1000, 2 players who increased their rating from 200 to 500, and another 5 players who decreased their rating from 2000 to 1600. I’ll put the 5 players with the increased low rating skill playing the 5 players with decreased high rating skill.”

Is really like if the match making system of focusing in an 50% win rate (you won to much, now you’ll lose) rather than really create balanced games. Never saw a game who provides so much unbalanced games. Is really one of the awful things about this game.

1 Like