Avoid list expansion: URGENT NEED

Nah its needed.
At the very least it should be 3 per role.
But once you hit mud diamond, you regularly see the same people, that could be 4 games in a row with a blatant thrower.
But do i remove one of the throwers from yesterday and risk being placed with them instead?
3 slots is a joke, not a luxury.

50? You good? I dont think everyone and their grandma is a thrower or smurf. Chill with this.

When OW came out you could avoid anyone you wanted to, as many as you liked. Well or at least the limit was so high that you wouldn’t notice there was one, like at least 50 people if not more.

1 Like

I’d be fine with current 3 avoids + 1 true blacklist slot.

The blacklist slot basically keeps a cheater, smurf, or griefer out of your matches.
Use it wisely, blocking a member of a known stack from ever being in your match.

I get farmed by the same stacks, night after night. In low bronze, the avoid feature is basically just a guarantee that account will be matched against you. Ez farming for ez grief stacks. They throw, people avoid, and then they stomp you into the dirt.

And the matchmaker keeps rigging them against you because “avoid” actually means match against.

In Jeff’s statement regarding to this issue, he would have expanded it if it didn’t have a big effect on queue times.

So they either forgot, or they do affect queue times.

Most likely forgot, since they never added machine learning systems against Gameplay Sabotage and Abusive Chat despite saying they were introducing them 2 years ago.

50 avoids?
That is pretty much the entire pool of people queuing in your elo at a given time, you would straight up not find a game.

1 Like

yes it is.

Do you really not understand why this would be an absolute disaster for queue times? Think about it. Also remember, that they were quite reluctant at the time to expand the avoid list to three.

1 Like

I could be misremembering here because I typically don’t use this feature, but I’m almost 100% certain they increased, not decreased it to 3 slots.

It was definitely unlimited before but it wasnt avoid as team mate. It was avoid player i believe. So it was slightly different. Currently its only for your team.

1 Like

this thread is from when they upped it to 3 from 2 which I guess is what i’m remembering.

I dont even remember only two :smile:

But it was unlimited before.

LOL.

Classic hard stuck with “everyone is the problem but me” mentality.

Y’know, maybe the real treasure was the teammates we avoided along the way.

50 slots doesn’t make you any better.

Blizzard, please add in another unnecessary feature so I can continue to avoid the LFG sections of the forums and game like a true ingrate. Thanks!

I don’t think what you’re saying is right, but you’re saying it definitely is so I’ll agree to disagree.

It was reason why they did limit it. Because it was highly overused and some people had problems to actualy find games as too many player avoid them.

Have you considered…getting better?

1 Like

“Avoid player” was around for a few weeks when Overwatch was first launched. It was on the right click menu for every player. There was no display of a list so I don’t believe there was any way to reverse it. While it’s possible there was a cooldown or you bumped people off the list by adding more, we have no reason to believe that was the case. Hence, no limit.

1 Like

Looking to group has been dead for years.