Autohotkey usage because of missing keys on laptop

Hi guys.
So first of all I am a very old time blizzard gamer. From Warcraft O&H in fact onwards. Obviously my bnet account is old too and has much value to me.
So I’ve read all the stances wrt 3rd party programs etc and would like to look for some advice.

I recently bought a Asus Zephyrus G14. Stellar laptop amazing gaming performance. Anyway my issue currently is that… it has no home/end or pg-up/pg-down button… I heavily use these every day and while I could use a normal keyboard at home it’s just very annoying tbh plus while on the go I’d like to still be able to have these too.

Anyway looking around I saw that using autohotkey I can more or less bind Right-CTRL+ arrow key to home/end/pgup/pgdn

This would be an acceptable workaround for me then I realised that a few years back I saw concerns around usage of autohotkey in WoW.
So 2 fold question:

1. Am I ok to use Autohotkey exclusively to add these missing keys?
  2. If not or even if yes are there alternative ways to achieve a similar result that would reduce unjustified bans to zero

I’m a dad with little time to enjoy games (mostly when the kids sleep) and don’t feel like having to go fight my way outside of an unjustified ban.

Thanks!

Edit: Maybe if theres a way to terminate/suspend the autohotkey process during games then relaunch it it would be an ‘ok’ middleground though very annoying :frowning:

Blizzard doesn’t usually respond to these inquiries about what you could get banned for, but as a forum volunteer, I think those concerns are still valid. I would personally avoid all keymapping software, especially if you’re attached to your history with your account (I know I am).

I would think maybe naively that blizzard should as a company care for their customers in particular long standing ones. And this is also an opportunity for them to clear things up and voice out their up to date stances.
I have a legitimate request, in my opinion, and I’m asking for their counsel about their product and how it may falsely flag my account for a ban (which btw I’ve never been struck with)

I sincerely hope they can clarify that they can distinguish between macro’ed uses and using a combination of keys to achieve another (which btw is going the other way)

The sad thing is if I were to get banned I would not even be able to come back here to talk about it

It would be a struggle to maintain a public list of software that can get you banned, and would likely cause their support staff to be asked constant questions about it. All the tools you need to play the game on a PC are satisfied by a standard keyboard and mouse, save for accessibility-related devices.

You may be best served using the ticket system to receive a staff response, but I think it’s highly unlikely they provide a firm “yes” or “no” for any piece of software. Any app can be updated to perform differently at any time, and they aren’t going to track all changes for random apps they aren’t developing.

Hi again,

First of all thank you for your time. Too bad the community has to step in to make up for … anyway
I found out that Microsoft PowerToys has a keyboard manager that does almost what I want.
I was able to remap the Track Back And Track Forward to Home/End and PrintScr/RightCTRL (next to each other) to page up/pagedn

It’s not ideal as it’s not the best in terms of placement but it’ll do until they reach v 1.0 where I’ll be able to map key modifier + key to key (currently I can only map modifier+key to another modifier+key)

I trust that Blizzard won’t ban me for using a Microsoft tool that on top of it has zero scripting possible… Time will tell

Somewhat late post on this, but we’ve actually talked about this specific thing in the past. Might be useful for you.