đź’Ą ATTN BLIZZARD - Regarding OWL skins leaving, cross platform issue

So, I’m having a big issue. I’m a collector of OW skins and want to purchase all the skins for Valiant, Shock, and Mayhem since they’ll be retired. It’s going to run me about $300 which is quite a lot of money but I’m justifying it knowing Overwatch is a game I love and the skins will be ported over to Overwatch 2.

The problem comes because I play on all 4 platforms. Xbox, PS4, Switch, and PC. I have different friends in the different platforms, although I mostly play on Xbox. Eventually, I want to get a better computer and play on PC mostly. I simply cannot purchase all the skins in all platforms. I’d be happy if I could at least get them on Xbox and PC… but I’m being told that’s not possible. In the past, I’ve just purchased the same skins multiple times accross all the platforms, but this time, and with the short notice, it’s simply not possible for me to drop $1,200.

I’m already spending $300, and I feel as if the OWL skins should be account specific and not platform only.

Can anybody offer a solution or some assistance?

I know Jeff has talked about it in the past about possibly making cosmetics cross platform. How do I future proof my purchase?

4 Likes

Why ar they leaving .?

1 Like

I’m disheartened that I’m missing 3 Valiant skins, and that future heroes will not be clad in green and gold, and that I wouldn’t spend the money because I think they are too expensive (earned them all watching OWL and buying the twitch passes).

So, sorry. I wish I could give you some advice, but other than “don’t get hooked by FOMO”, there isn’t much I can say. You either spend the money or get an incomplete collection forever.

I advise for the latter, BTW.

1 Like

My advice is stick to purchasing only the PC platform (or your preferred primary account). I am hopeful they will one day allow cross-platform cosmetic sharing.

Read more here:

2 Likes

RIP, those skins are hideous. Glad I’m not a collector.

Speaking of OWL skins, I love the new Shock Genji. I’ve wanted a black and silver Genji skin for a while now.

I’m not sure I can let it go since I have all the skins up until now. :confused:

Hey Wyoming if I already have the Shock skins I don’t lose them right?

I really wish the OWL skins were attainable at the battletag level.

Nobody loses skins if they already have them…

Correct it will be simply listed as San Francisco Shock 2018 as the skin description.

1 Like

Nothing more then a warm fuzzy feeling for helping out your fellow man, unfortunately.

Appreciate the PSA guys, went and snagged all 3 skins for Sombra.

Glad I was able to help. :slight_smile:

A lot of people are not aware this is happening…

The Shock had one of the best colors in the league. Not a fan of the change.
If only they can stick with the orange for home and black for away but OWL doesn’t have the brainpower to make that happen.

If the skins are still in the game, not sure why they’re removing the option to give them money.

1 Like

You don’t. Buy it on PC, is your best option. Since that is what you plan on playing on in the future.

1 Like

Team Branding

They should just give you the 2018 home and away skins if you buy a 2019 skin, they shouldn’t be removing the ability to buy them.

2 Likes

And here I was thinking I had bought a lot for grabbing about 6 OWL skins total :laughing:

1 Like

What?

Blizzard removing an option for them to get paid?

This is obviously a bug, or it was a deliberate act only so in a few months they can re-sell the skins at a higher “limited time only” price.

Follow the dollars. Blizzard will always be right behind.

1 Like

If you buy or earn tokens for your account, if it is linked to the other platforms you will receive equivalent tokens on all platforms.