At this rate all DPS will be 250+ hp

Disagree, neither Sym nor McCree need 250hp.

I don’t know about that but the justification to give McCree 250hp is shady at best…

Wait… You think they will buff McCree after this? I would be utterly shocked. Half the community is in shambles about how OP one of the lowest WR heroes is despite potentially recieving a net nerf.

2 Likes

Explain why Sym, a close range hero without any mechanic that allows her to be in her effective range, shouldnt have 250 hp like every other close range dps hero.

No, havent said that, it was an hypotetical case to show how Mccree’s effective range, and thus safety, is much higher that Sym’s thanks to low range beam or only-effective-at-close-range orbs.

One character gets an increase in hp and we act like the sky is falling.
Come on man.

The issue is that the hypocrecy on ignoring for years a close range hero needing 250 hp, and then a mid range (and thus safer) hero with an ironically much better close range performance that the hero hardlocked into close range gets the 250hp buff.

Mccree maybe needed buffs, or not. I dont care, but its worring that Blizz gave Mccree 250hp despite him not being anywhere near the dps subclass known for that HP.

Because unlike you the rest of the community knows he has double and often 3 times higher pick rate than most of the other DPS heroes, yes, even on GM/Top 500. Goin by the Overbuff win rate is meaningless without context.

If you’re just going to spew numbers out of context the GM meta would be: Brig, Zarya, Ashe and Junk. After all the have the highest win rates…

See how absurd that argument is?

1 Like

She has mobility(even if her mains don’t want to acknowledge TP as mobility), 120 damage from any range orbs, extra turrets for CC, an Ult that charges super fast and protects her, a skinny hitbox and one of the smallest critboxes in game.

Moreover throwing extra armor/hp on characters just increases the power gap between burst and sustain damage, and that gap is already far too wide.

Oh, his pickrate… That proves so much. I am just glad that the game developers actually understand how to read stats unlike the morons here.

1 Like

Still waiting for barriere Buffs.

Said the guy trying to prove how bad McCree is by only posting the win rate? Oh the irony. Win rate is meaningless without context. Context like pick rate. Because that widely distorts the numbers. Interesting how us common “idiots” knows that while you don’t. Hm. :thinking:

1 Like

Dude using logic here is a surefire way to get suspended.

Best to just leave this place before you go insane I came back here after a 6 month break and its literally the exact same.

1 Like

She doesnt have in-combat mobility. TP is not double jump, blink or all that Doomfist has. In fact, Reaper has a much better personal version of TP and he still has sustain, 250hp and long duration invulnerability cooldown.

Oh you mean the slow moving orbs that are only healer charge when used beyond 15 meters? Ok

Destroyable, delayed, nerfed, soft CC that doesnt matter when she blows up at close range.

Sym’s ult barrier doesnt protect her from close range damage. She will still get annihilated by tanks and other cqc.

Close range damage doesnt care about hitboxes and her head hitbox is actually massive for her body hitbox.

2 Likes

It does not really matter how bad or good McCree is. We need to wait and see what these changes do, first. They might increase his winrate to the point where I would agree he needs toning down.

But I somehow doubt it because his real problem is in his outdated kit. I expect not much to change. He will become a little less lethal for a bit more survivability. Nothing too drastic.

Oh no, that’s so awkward…
Oh dear.

Not really, because they buffed him despite that knowledge. And they did it for a reason. There is actually more to evaluate than just pickrate/winrate, by the way. They look at more than just that. I promise.

And now you’re trying to change the topic. You listed meaningless numbers, got called on it, got defensive and tried to call others idiots as a way out and now it’s just embarrassing. Feel free to apologize at any time.

most hp changes in the game have been reasonable with a good explanation.
the 2 that are a bit questionable is the orisa +50 armor and the d.va armor/health destribution.

giving mccree who has a pretty fat hitbox ontop of his low mobility and very limited kit a 50hp increase seems ok, especially when it came with a straight dps nerf.

1 Like

What? You know people can actually go back and read the context, correct? It does not disappear. You are crazy. You are mad triggered because the developers and I are much more intelligent than you because YOU are the person that only looks at one stat and determines whether a hero is broken based on that. Omg… A 4% pickrate? Clearly top tier GM quality here.

She absolutely does, just because it takes a second to use so you choose not to use it that way doesn’t make unviable to use pre/midfight. It’s like arguing Sombra has no in-combat mobility because she has to look away, wait a second(or more), and needs her TL for an escape. They both can be used however the user feels best.

“Personal” Sure, SS is better for Reaper alone, but TP is a far better ability. Additionally Reaper has 0 options at mid/long range, and his hitbox and especially crit box are massive compared to Sym.

Sure, let’s all pretend no one ever catches an orb. Regardless it is an option at range.

Yes it does. Barrier dance, put it where you want to go, protect your frontline. Are you really pretending Sym can’t use her Ult to protect herself?

Huh? All damage except melee cares about hitbox width. Unless you’re suggesting you stand perfectly still while fighting up close. Strafe and move erratically, people do miss.