Ask us about Workshop!

There are already high level languages for the workshop, even if they are not made by blizzard. you may want to check out the vscode extentions OverPy and OSTW.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to implement the ability to use enemies from the PvE modes? Especially when OW2 releases with new PvE enemies from story mode.

It would be a great addition when creating our own PvE modes and we could use Talon soldiers or Null Sector omnics instead of using hero bots like a lot of PvE modes currently use.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

5 Likes

I known, i use both xD but i said something official to workshop.

2 Likes

Yay!! Love to hear that workshop is still a high priority.
Just wanted to say, workshop is my favorite mode, it opens up so much creativity and ideas!

• how many people work on workshop development at the moment?
  • Will you ever add “music” to workshop? (even if its just overwatch music), often im playing skirmish and its so dull because skirmish is just so quiet.
  • Is a map editor a possibility?
  • Will you be looking at adding permanent gamemodes? basically gamemodes where you can have saved progress, and the server will be always online (even if these modes need to be approved by the devs, that would be cool!)
4 Likes

Not so much the workshop but I’d love to know about any kind of ETA of a hero editor or a modified version of the “TED” editor the devs have for us players to use.

I’d love something similar to the Warcraft 3 object editor in depth/complexity and ease of use. Custom games settings are nowhere near as good as they could be. I’d love to be able to create my own balance changes or prototype new heroes in custom games.

I’m aware you can sort of do it in the workshop. But learning coding would be a nightmare for someone with my poor memory. Also from everything I’ve heard it’s janky and not easy to do.

Edit: An additional thing I’d add is if we get a Hero/modified TED editor. Will it/can you include all the abilities and assets removed from the game due to reworks. So we can use them in the editor to make old versions of heroes.

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on discoverability? There’s so many cool Workshop creations, but you’d never know a lot of them existed if you only looked at the custom game browser. Often times I feel discouraged from trying out new ideas in the Workshop, because most people will only play well known modes.

3 Likes

Are there any plans to add workshop functions for different weapons on different heroes to add a new layer to hero experimenting?

1 Like

Are there any plans for the workshop which are exclusive for OW2?

what is your vision for workshop in the foreseeable future? Not just in terms of like, literal added features, but as well as its culture, community, its place in the eyes of the non-workshopper playerbase and even the eyes of the rest of the Overwatch dev team?

i guess another way to phrase it is, how far do you guys intend to take workshop?

2 Likes

It came to be from a random personal project, right? Just like Kanezaka. Was there other, side/unplanned projects like those, that didn’t go live?

What’s the next big step for the workshop? Editing hero abilities? Custom maps? Maybe just a really cool feature you’ve all been working on. I’d love to know! Workshop has bought me endless amounts of entertainment both playing and creating. Thanks!

3 Likes

How involved would the work be to implement into the workshop the capability to insert physical objects in maps? Not asking for a fully-featured map editor; rather, just being able to put even simple blocks with proper collision. Would that capability require a separate tool independent of the workshop to be written, or could the workshop be feasibly extended?

5 Likes

When will you put custom creations in arcade? I see people play Uno all the time while waiting for queues. I’d like to see some of the more well-designed in rotation at some point because it’s really hard to play a lot of with a full group of randoms.

2 Likes

is there any chance we will see the level of control and power that the sc2 editor has?

3 Likes

Is there any plan to feature workshops in arcade that uses official matchmaking?

2 Likes

Is there any work being done to improve visibility of high quality workshop modes? I’ve seen a ton of interesting, fun, and creative work effectively disappear because there is no way to rate what you’ve played. I’d love to see a return of “All Brawls” utilizing workshop creations, but even something as simple as a monthly video on youtube highlighting new stuff could make a big difference.

6 Likes

If there’s a rule that changes Brig’s hp after she spawns in, her barrier’s health won’t change. Why is that and could it be possible to add it too the other heroes with barriers?

any more changes coming to the workshop that change the appearance of a character like the size changes you made not that long ago?

2 Likes

Why are there not version choices in the workshop? Why can;t I, for example, go back to Sym v.1 or v.2?

4 Likes

Will you guys include Overwatch 2 PvP abilities (torb’s flamethrower turret/Mei’s Ice ball etc) into the Workshop?

4 Likes