Armor nerf destroy all the hero who were balanced with!

Thinking of the balanced and weak heroes who were benefiting of armor :

Orisa : This one was underpower and only used on certain KOTH map like Ilios well, or with a pirate ship comp.
The armor nerf make her horrible to play against good Tracer who can pass through armor in just one clip headshot.
Decrease her head hit box by 10% and delete the headshot during fortify will be welcome.

Winston : Very useful during the dive meta, was one of the most useless heroes during the goat, Winston was one of the most balanced heroes in the game for me.
The recent armor nerf and the new hero Ashe make him less of a counter against dive hero and sniper but this make him a lot better against tank with armor.
Make him having 150 armored hp could be nice.

Torbjorn : As never been in any meta, considered by many like a troll pick even after the rework, Torbjorn overload ability as been totally destroy. His ultimate who is a real joke make him less of a counter to armor because armor don’t need to be countered now.
Make Torbjorn a 250hp heroe is needed.

Bastion : The worst heroe in the game, as never been meta, Bastion is not even a hero he is a trick who is only viable with a special comp who can’t even work on all maps. After the buff he still in a terrible spot, It melts under the storm arrow and get pick corner by sniper.
But now with the recent armor nerf, he will get counter by more Tracer, Soldier and Sombra. Soldier who can just stay on his heal station from far away and destroy him.
Make him having 350hp with a heal compensation to it.
Also, why when you sleep Bastion he go out of turret form ?

Armor is not the right way to balance any of those characters.

2 Likes

This is why I was thinking of a compensation buff for them.

While I do believe this to be a bit of a hyperbole, it does further show the Dev team makes grandscale changes to base systems without fully considering the effects of those changes on all heroes.

1 Like

They all suffer decreased damage to armored targets, so they’ll all do more damage after the change.

In other words, the change balances itself out for those heroes.

1 Like

What about the huge damage buff Orisa and Bastion received ? Is it irrelevant ?

They will all do more damage against themselves.