Are you ashamed of your avatar border?

No. I play custom games. I play it a lot. When I spank a silver border in a custom game he shouldn’t be questioning if I’m a smurf.

Same it looks so elegant! but the golden one looks very tacky i wish i could skip it.

3 star gold? Nah, but the Platinum border looks way better. Gold’s underwhelming.

Meh, why would I be?

Some people have tried to shame me but I have habit to just play a game to death. I end up missing tons of good games due to my obsessive nature.

Before OW it was Dark Souls (literally did a soul lv 1 run through Demons Souls all the way to Dark Souls 3)

Before Dark Souls it was Deadspace

Ext Ext. Try to shame me if you want but I waste my time the way I want

1 Like

I am not. I am sometimes ashamed what specie I come from.
Not smurfing and playing since launch is apparently a reason to get flamed on this game.
It is much better to waste my money buying a bunch of alt accounts and smurf with them. It seems to be nice to break the game and the matchmaking but not to play the game since launch with just one account…

1 Like

I’m not ashamed of my border, rank, or having a public profile. It’s just a game after all.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t give a damn. I proudly flaunt my 2600 hours on the game. I find it more as a magnet for lower ranks that want to hard focus you, which can be a good or bad thing depending on their skill and team composition. Most of the time they feed directly into me, but there are also plenty of times where I can’t do anything because they won’t move until they figure out where I am.

I simply don’t give a damn what people think of me. Gold border with public profile btw.

1 Like

I mean if smurfs added up all their time together they’d probably have the same time as me so why should I care? At least all my golden guns and cool skins are in one place.

1 Like

I’d be diamond by now. But most of my playtime was in VS AI. That’s the lowest XP in the game.

1 Like

I’m not “ashamed” but I don’t care for the existing borders. I’d love to be able to pick designs and color palettes. Something green, black, or both would be nice.

1 Like

Only in that it’s Gold still and not Plat, but we have role queue to blame for that as well.

no

nor do I care what some idiot thinks in trying to insult me

they’re likely hard stuck or smurfing bc they can’t win games at their main rank

1 Like

Ashamed ? No. That would be akin to be ashamed about my age. Those young kids forget that not everyone is 14 and can just keep improving till infinity. Some of us reached their cap and that is totally fine.

I do find it annoying that I cannot hide it since those kids that don’t know any better get distracted by it. They drag themselves and their team down because OMG that border and still gold wE gOnNa lOsE

1 Like

I’d only wish getting AI games won’t be so long. It can take up to hours these days just to get one game.

Not really. But I enjoyed mowing people down with my minigun.

For that, i am ashamed.

1 Like

Nope. Have had the game for 4 years and am gold border. Seems about right.

1 Like

I’ve had this game for years, and feel like I play a decent amount. I’m STILL two star bronze. Maybe I lose too much.

But no, who cares what border you are? Who cares what people’s opinion about it are? It tracks how much you’ve played game. It’s a meaningless stat in a game. If anything at all, you should be happy and enjoy it, because that’s what games are for. What’s there even to be ashamed over?

1 Like

I’m not really ashamed. Overwatch has been my main FPS since Beta, and I only play on one account. I have a full time job, plus freelance work, friends, and hobbies, so if I still find time to play video games that just means I’ve been efficient with my other obligations.

I still wish I could hide my border. It’s only plat, but I still get a lot of “holy cow how many hours do you have” from new players, and “lolol plat border and hardstuck in <whatever rank I’m at that day>” from neckbeards on their twelfth smurf account, and it’s just a chore to have that same interaction all the time. I can’t imagine it how annoying it must be for people with diamond borders.

1 Like