Are you ashamed of your avatar border?

Do some players say:
You play the game to much…
That you are a no life loser?
Where can I get a border like that? (I felt the sarcasim in that one :unamused:)

I have just one active Blizzard account.
I like my shiny, beautiful, platinum border @@ (at least I think it’s platinum)
I am not ashamed of it. Maybe it’s part of the reason why we have so many smurf accounts. They are trying to hide their play time.

Hypocritical players that want to hide their play time with smurf accounts. :unamused:

Are you ashamed of your avatar border?

5 Likes

No, don’t care. I don’t even play this game a lot. I just had it since launch. Plat was a lot, if this was year two.

No, I don’t mind my border. One more star to go, and it’s turning golden. Couldn’t care less. Just means I play a lot. And of course I’m going to play a game I like a lot.

5 Likes

No, im actually looking forward to diamond one, looks fancy.

12 Likes

Man, the game is years old. The idea that high levels exist shouldn’t be surprising. Plus at one point there was an exp exploit for lucioball and a bunch of players shot up hundreds of levels.

9 Likes

Yeah exactly. Seeing people who’ve been playing since 2016/early 2017 with plat/diamond borders is becoming the norm now.

I remember when silvers borders were very impressive to see… oh how times have changed lol

3 Likes

Once it shines, it’s a diamond one.
I’m a filthy platinum border.

1 Like

Oh…! Then my border is platinum? @@

I was thinking it was maybe a shiny diamond border.
What I mean by shiny, it twinkles a little. :star2:

I bought a second account only because I was tired of all the :

“Oh wow, Triskan what level is that ?” every couple game.

First of all, mind your own business.

Second of all, cant you count yourself ? I have no idea how my Diamond Portrait translates in numbers, and what’s your intention behind your remark : show the world that you noticed an unusual portrait (oh wow !) ? Show admiration ? Be snarky ? What’s your deal with it dude ?

But I’m pretty sure Blizzard knows about this and will never change the portrait systems specifically so players like me will feel more enclined to get a second account instead of facing these remarks on a constant basis.

But yeah, I so wish there was one universal portrait for all.

1 Like

Lil bit

Not bc being a silver border is a bad thing, but bc I most likely have more undocumented hours than those I can see.

Customs+Total mayhem have most definitely exceeded my total comp time. If either gave the xp of comp, I’d be at least a 4 star gold border and probably as high as a platinum border by now.

I’m right with ya.

You are ashamed of it. Admit it!

I have had my maxed out diamond border for over a year now. I still love the pretty design, and no I’m not ashamed of it at all. If anything, I wish Blizzard would add even more border designs for even higher play times, character-specific frames, and so on—along with the ability for the player to choose the design he wants to show off.

I am over level 4200. The max portrait design is given at 2991. If I had abandoned this account upon reaching level 3000 and bought a new one and levelled it, I would currently have a gold portrait border with no stars. Instead of being ashamed of this knowledge, I am saddened knowing there are three portrait designs I should own beyond the diamond border, but don’t, because sadly, they don’t exist. The worst part? Knowing that Blizzard is planning on removing the unique portrait borders entirety in Overwatch 2.

3 Likes

It takes 600 in-game levels to rank to the next border.
I’m a platinum border with two stars and like… 90-ish extra levels.
Therefore, I’m level 2090-ish.

Found the quote!

3 Likes

Diamond bling bling showing up.
you get to know the diamond borders pretty well since we’re pretty rare

I heard of a maxed out border. Never actually seen one. (I don’t know what it looks like)

Congratulations! :star2:

1 Like

The game is 4+ years old, people who get riled up over borders are clowns.

3 Likes

NO! dont talk to me until yours is at least silver. :brown_square: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :white_large_square: :point_left: :smirk: :+1:

2 Likes

I thought more in lines of jealousy.