Are you ashamed of your avatar border?

I’m not ashamed of my border. I’m not going to buy the same game over and over again for that ‘fresh start’ illusion. That’s just stupid.

3 Likes

Did they say that? I know they said they were changing something, but entirely removing them?

That is a harsh rule for new friends LOL :joy:

1 Like

its a good comeback to shut someone down. also im silver boarder in silver, thats even double epic! soon gold tho…im close to it both level wise and skill wise :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t like gold. I wanted to keep my silver border with 5 stars forever. Guess I just have to play more to get out of the gold borders to get another one :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Jeff Kaplan posted a reply in another topic indicating they are removing the current portrait system.

Also, I remember WyomingMyst had posted a screenshot before of his playthrough of the Overwatch 2 beta he got to play at last year’s Blizzcon, and the border frame surrounding his hero’s portrait wasn’t even there. I don’t have the link though.

Edit: whoops- FuityXNinja beat me to Jeff’s quote.

Thanks! My profile is public, so you can click on it to see what the design looks like there. Alternatively, here is a video I posted recently showing an example of how us 5-star diamond portrait borders have fun! :wink:

1 Like

Yes I wish borders were hidden in competitive like parties so people don’t get paranoid that we’re going to lose because there is a lvl 30 on the enemy team.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why they decided to dump the borders for OW2. Too many salty players want to know the specific skill set of who they are playing with.

1 Like

Well it is the only thing to achieve for me, so no I am not ashamed.

1 Like

Wait, is that confirmed? Exciting! Old competitive used to have people upset if there was a 3 stack on enemy team, and they got rid of that now they’ll be getting rid of the “we lose they have a level 30 smurf”

That’s awesome! I really look forward to this change, it puts less stress on those who are paranoid about losing.

Players like that usually mention it when they’re currently seething. Give them another thousand hours and they wouldn’t have changed much from their position if at all.

It’s just a rumor I have read. Makes sense though…getting rid of the borders removes a lot of toxic behavior. They may get toxic later if someones performance is lacking LOL :joy:

They may have a new player blocking system or a new and improved match making system.

1 Like

I’m not, whatever the games. As you learn by playing platform games: “be proud of your death counter ! You learn something every time you fail !”
The border just shows my past experiences.

3 Likes

No, but I’ll say that I am as self deprecation as a joke / satire.
No one on the internet understands satire though.
On the odd occasion I do find someone with the intelligence to play along, then we have a fun time with it. I like those people.

You may be using “satire” in the wrong context. I am having trouble understanding what you mean. :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe the option to hide your level or choose your border will become available? I would love to unlock special borders etc instead of generic level ones. No levels involved just cute things :smiley: and you get them from lootboxes or buy with credits

Like a boarder that has Laboratory objects all around it etc :wink: so cute.

I would love a border for Reaper I could buy that had black, red and purple roses ahhhh…

2 Likes

I am not surprised in the slightest.

Instead of the border being around your avatar it could be redesigned to border the kill you just made. That should piss off a lot of players LOL :joy:

Not really. I do get “shamed” because if I even enter quick play on it I’m a “quick play warrior” …like lol k

I just honestly don’t like the gold border. Like… I hate it.

I play console tho so, I just decided to play on other accounts with bronze or silver borders.

Silver was and is my favorite. Anything else is just gawdy and I don’t like them.

…I don’t like gold but I don’t like what comes next or next so… What do?