Are you ashamed of your avatar border?

Lil bit

Not bc being a silver border is a bad thing, but bc I most likely have more undocumented hours than those I can see.

Customs+Total mayhem have most definitely exceeded my total comp time. If either gave the xp of comp, I’d be at least a 4 star gold border and probably as high as a platinum border by now.

I’m right with ya.

You are ashamed of it. Admit it!

I have had my maxed out diamond border for over a year now. I still love the pretty design, and no I’m not ashamed of it at all. If anything, I wish Blizzard would add even more border designs for even higher play times, character-specific frames, and so on—along with the ability for the player to choose the design he wants to show off.

I am over level 4200. The max portrait design is given at 2991. If I had abandoned this account upon reaching level 3000 and bought a new one and levelled it, I would currently have a gold portrait border with no stars. Instead of being ashamed of this knowledge, I am saddened knowing there are three portrait designs I should own beyond the diamond border, but don’t, because sadly, they don’t exist. The worst part? Knowing that Blizzard is planning on removing the unique portrait borders entirety in Overwatch 2.

3 Likes

It takes 600 in-game levels to rank to the next border.
I’m a platinum border with two stars and like… 90-ish extra levels.
Therefore, I’m level 2090-ish.

Found the quote!

3 Likes

Diamond bling bling showing up.
you get to know the diamond borders pretty well since we’re pretty rare

I heard of a maxed out border. Never actually seen one. (I don’t know what it looks like)

Congratulations! :star2:

1 Like

The game is 4+ years old, people who get riled up over borders are clowns.

3 Likes

NO! dont talk to me until yours is at least silver. :brown_square: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :white_large_square: :point_left: :smirk: :+1:

2 Likes

I thought more in lines of jealousy.

I’m not ashamed of my border. I’m not going to buy the same game over and over again for that ‘fresh start’ illusion. That’s just stupid.

3 Likes

Did they say that? I know they said they were changing something, but entirely removing them?

That is a harsh rule for new friends LOL :joy:

1 Like

its a good comeback to shut someone down. also im silver boarder in silver, thats even double epic! soon gold tho…im close to it both level wise and skill wise :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t like gold. I wanted to keep my silver border with 5 stars forever. Guess I just have to play more to get out of the gold borders to get another one :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Jeff Kaplan posted a reply in another topic indicating they are removing the current portrait system.

Also, I remember WyomingMyst had posted a screenshot before of his playthrough of the Overwatch 2 beta he got to play at last year’s Blizzcon, and the border frame surrounding his hero’s portrait wasn’t even there. I don’t have the link though.

Edit: whoops- FuityXNinja beat me to Jeff’s quote.

Thanks! My profile is public, so you can click on it to see what the design looks like there. Alternatively, here is a video I posted recently showing an example of how us 5-star diamond portrait borders have fun! :wink:

1 Like

Yes I wish borders were hidden in competitive like parties so people don’t get paranoid that we’re going to lose because there is a lvl 30 on the enemy team.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why they decided to dump the borders for OW2. Too many salty players want to know the specific skill set of who they are playing with.

1 Like