Are we just not allowed to talk about Mercy anymore?

Why is all Mercy talk forbidden?

I say that because every mercy thread gets locked and moved into the megathread…which is also locked now.

She is a hero in this game just like every other hero on the game, but she’s the only one who gets this treatment.

Nobody does this with the Brigette threads or Hanzo threads or any other hero people are going back and forth on. Just Mercy.

You can’t just completely change how a hero works, say you’re listening to feedback, then literally make it so people CANT give any feedback and expect all the mercy players to shut up about it.

If anything this just makes people MORE frustrated because not only is a hero they play in a state they’re unhappy with, but they can’t even TALK about it.

She was changed on the PTR recently, just like McCree, Mei, Sombra, and lots of others. Everyone else is allowed to talk about these changes-- except Mercy.

YOU did this.

YOU reworked her like this and told everyone you’d revert or revisit if there were issues. And a significant part of the community feel like there are issues, whether she’s still OP or nerfed too hard or taken in a bad direction. There’s very clearly still issues with Mercy on both sides of the argument

Stop acting like the community is just being unreasonable when you’ve ignored everything they’ve had to say [except the OWL players right? :3 ] for almost a year – then move threads to a bigger thread which is then locked.

So whats the deal. Is Mercy now a taboo subject? Are we just supposed to pretend she doesn’t exist and happily go along with whatever balance changes she gets for the entirety of the game’s life?

This is like someone coming through going “LALALALA, MERCY IS FINE, LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALA”

Seriously? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Regardless of how anybody personally feels about the state of Mercy, this isn’t a good look from the devs who have been completely silent in that megathread and every megathread since then since Mercy 2.0 dropped.

This isn’t a good look AT ALL and is honestly why a lot of people are so angry. It has less to do with the balance of the heroes themselves and moreso to do with the RESPONSE to these changes or more accurately-- a lack thereof.

Saying nothing, locking and moving every thread into a bigger thread that people can’t post in anymore and that NOBODY has even POSTED in-- feels like a big fat middle finger to everyone who likes Mercy and likes playing her.

I’m just really frustrated to see this happen and I’m not even a Mercy Main, I’m a Genji main. When we need a healer I lock in Ana, but Mercy still a hero I love to play from time to time. And this is just…really absurd.

This isn’t about if you care about Mercy or not or are happy with her or not. People should at least be able to discuss her changes and her rework just like Symmetra’s. Just like Sombra’s and Hanzo’s and even Bastion [poor guy ]: hate Pirate Ship but he should still be useful.]

Come on. Please tell me I’m not the only person who’s aggravated by this.

106 Likes

you can, in a respective and constructive manner… but most can’t do that, so they lock them all.

15 Likes

Its because they’re aggravated. I dont agree with being rude to blizzard or any of the devs, but even I am frustrated with how they’ve handled this.

33 Likes

Yeah, they need to do something about the megathread getting locked constantly, at this point it’s unpinned and still getting flag-locked, preferably just allow Mercy discussion in the rest of GD because as many before me have said, it’s effectively a trash bin at this point.

I’m not a fan of Mercy discussion I think most of it is a desperate attempt to get people on their side for a revert that won’t happen, but I don’t want Mercy post censored as it sets a dangerous precedent thinking about it.

7 Likes

It’s not forbidden, because there wouldn’t be a post about her every two seconds and an official megathread made(even though it’s closed now last I heard?) It just always turns into a mess at some point because people take things personally on both sides of the coin.

I myself just wanna go through the forums without skipping pages of threads about this single character.

Yeah it sucks what they’re doing.

I have made a megathread here for fellow Mercy mains/enthusiasts to give their feedback. It seems like the mods are keeping it open for feedback, and sometimes also merging threads into there.

I don’t want us to be locked into a thread, but I figured it’s better for us to be able to freely discuss somewhere without being berated by the community and silenced by mods.

13 Likes

It’s is not forbidden. It’s just there is a problem with talking about mercy namely there is little to none constructive input from both mercy players and the whole rest.

No matter what devs would do to mercy mercy main would flood the forums with thread such us “mercy is dead”, “mercy is unplayable” “thanks for making mercy useless” and a whole lot of similar threads, despite of her being really viable in every rank. They don’t even propose any changes/“compensation” buffs, they just demand blizzard to apologize for the trauma they caused them, revert to mercy 1.0 because back then when she had mass rez ult, she was fun, engaging and rewarding and now she is just trash.

I’ll bookmark that thread, I’m glad somebody put something up. All I personally want is some form of acknowledgment and if not that-- at least someplace to give feedback if posting in the general forums isnt wanted.

True, but the thing with that is-- people do that with every hero every time a change goes through. They did it with Symmetra [a lot], Genji, Junkrat, etc. I do think there are kernels of constructive feedback in there-- it just gets hidden by all the frustration.

A lot of Mercy players have suggested possible changes both on the forum and in the megathread, I know EeveeA posted a thread on here a while back that got annexed into the Mercy Megathread too. Its not that they arent being made, but they inevitably get swept away.

5 Likes

They lock the all the mercy threads.

whether they are constructive or not.

7 Likes

You must have some hella blinders on to not see the literal spam on the forums the past week.

1 Like

I work 2 jobs so I check the forums very sporadically.

But, honestly, that might be because the megathread was locked so they have nowhere else to post except the forums.

5 Likes

The megathreads been locked and we’ve had nowhere else to discuss.

Because every day, really, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. some Mercy spammer comes to forums and decides to write another wall of text that is completely identical to the one that happened just a few hours before him. Just like you did.

5 Likes

I appreciate that people that who aren’t support mains realize how op Mercy is and how shes a must pick because of what she can do currently with the kit shes been given not because of her rez.

1 Like

Well that’s dumb as hell. Is it people troll reporting or bliz?

1 Like

Either its false reports against the megavoid or its posts being sent to it and all the reports from said posts are then put into the megavoid which results in it locking.

who knows.

1 Like

I’ve got no idea why it was locked. I’ve just assumed that means they’re done “considering feedback”

Maybe Mercy’ll be rebalanced in another update soon or maybe they really are just finished with her for a while. That’s where my personal frustration comes from, the lack of response.

When its come to reworks and whatnot, usually the devs give some insight as to how they feel about the hero and where they’re going with them. Look at Sombra and Sym and Hanzo. They havent been posting a lot, but they have at least responded to some feedback.

5 Likes

If there is one thing that’s OP with Mercy it’s not her kit but Rez as an ability.

The ability to revive a dead ally is powerful yes to call her op i think is false because i think your forgetting that with her new kit she can do everything and more than what a normal Ana or Moria can do. Think about it who is Ana, Moria, and Mercy?

Ana is a character with little mobility but makes up for it with her great utility!

Moria is a group healer that can supply little damage to help with picks with decent mobility!

Now look at Mercy shes one of the best single target mobile heroes in the game right now with rez as a cooldown along with her valk that supplies group healing, more mobility than ever because of her flight, and infinite ammo to help pick off heroes with low health.

Simply her new kit does way too much to benefit the team and treads onto other supports territory. Before she was fairly simple, she was a single target mobile hero that could restart a fight if she was careful and smart enough.

1 Like

It’s all of it, combined. Rez doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and there’s only so much power concentrated in it.

Imagine Ana in her current state, but having Rez instead of her nade. I highly doubt she’d be played.