Are smurf accounts a reportable offense?

Just wondering. I’ve been running into a lot of smurf accounts lately and I want to know if you can report them? They are really not fun to play against.

If they’re throwing to derank then yes, if not then no. Smurfing in itself isn’t a reportable offense.

It is not reportable to have an alternate an account for Overwatch. However if you suspect a player is deliberately tanking or boosting their rank then you should report it. Note that the only reason why you should report is if they specifically claim to do so in match text chat.

1 Like

Deranking and Boosting others are typically associated to a few of these types of accounts. Smurfing is fine however.

alright, good to know. I just got 3 smurf accounts against my team in quickplay just now and we got super stomped and it wasn’t fun though…

Interesting, shame how people still report based on “gut feeling” or whatever floats their boat.

That should be added to the report examples.

Smurf != Alternate Account

A smurf (account) would be someone that would play in a rank that is lower than his actual one. (Let’s say you’re master and get a second account, throw your games just to be in silver / gold/ plat)

Alternate account would be playing on a second account that is pretty much on par with your actual rank on your main account.

First is reportable, second is not.

3 Likes

Which is why one report does nothing it takes quite a lot to get an automated ban, one offense means nothing it has to be a pattern of behaviour to get a ban.

Totally agree. The only reason why i like PC version better is due to the less amount of smurfs. But i feel your pain.