Are Ana mains demanding more Buffs getting greedy?

No, Ana hasn’t been meta for a pretty long time now. I think that a lot of people would like to see her in a meta position again. That said, I’m concerned that in the current state of the game, the only way that happens is to buff her until she’s blatantly OP.

So, I do have a concern about further buffs, but I don’t think people are getting greedy or that an additional buff would be bad. We just have to be careful about how we buff her so that she doesn’t get Sombra’d.

5 Likes

Some want her rifle buffed
Some wanted her to be able to shoot through full-health allies
Some wanted faster reload

Not everyone is going to agree on a set of buffs/balance changes. This is true for every community, but Ana has been pretty awful for a lot longer so the divide between what Ana mains want is a lot wider.

5 Likes

indeed

at least ana has been meta one time in the past

people are so scared of sombra they immediatly nerf her before you can see how it goes

3 Likes

Man it’s because I’ve replied to posts like yours many times before. When you make threads like this it just stalls Ana’s development if she wasn’t already dead with no updates for over a year. How is asking for a character to be examined that’s been dead for almost two years greedy? Your post is disrespectful and ignorant especially considering you have virtually no time on her in competitive and you’re low gold where Ana will never be played decently.

How is she viable when she has one of the worst pick rate and win rate for a support across all ranks? Her utility, which is the only reason people at higher ranks play her, is nullified by barriers and her low survivability. You have to put in 10x the effort with Ana to be half as efficient as a Mercy player and even then the other main healers are usually the better pick. Symmetra and Torb are getting reworks and Bastion is a niche pick.

These changes do very little for her dire situation.

6 Likes

4 extra ammo is not gonna fix her

i rather they undo the buff

and give her something else

what about giving her 1 sec debuff on her gun, so everytime u hit enemies their heal will cut down to 50%, so mercy will only heal 30 HPS to a pharah for 1 sec

this will also encourge for ana actually be more agresive

1 Like

I like how you trivialize the buff even though Ana being to shot through allies for heals is huge and has been asked for ages. Same with self nanos which is being tested in deathmatch and one day might be an option for even comps.

Secondly there’s more than “two” buffs recently applied. But if you want to downplay buff in hopes to get more, that’s dishonest. Give credit where’s it’s due. I don’t care how many hours you play if you can’t count or mislead others.

If you don’t think the several buffs which were more than two aren’t good enough. That’s fine your opinion. Simply be objective and justify why Ana needs more buffs. But keep mind. If it’s Blizzards feels Ana mains can’t be satisfied no matter how many buffs they give her or push to imbalance her. They just might move on to another character instead.

1 Like

Ana is no where close to being good and hasn’t been in a good spot for a while now.

Even when this current meta has SHIFTED AWAY FROM DIVE she is still pitiful and painful to play. Reinhardt is even meta to protect Ana, and she STILL is doing badly. (And Rein is an ideal nanoboost target.)

Ana is so far from fine it actually hurts.

7 Likes

Eh…I wouldn’t say that she has the worst Pick-Rate & Win-Rate across all ranks.

That’s not to say that she’s amazing either. (I play on Console where she’s…yeah.)

Chill out man, no need to put OP on blast and be hostile.

Nano in FFA is a meme. Ana has no relevant niche right now. Her utility is outclassed by Mercy and her healing is outclassed by Moira.

I would like to see Ana back in the place in the meta where she was in Contenders Season 1. Where people like Chips and Jehong could play her. Because she wasn’t top tier but if you were good enough with her she is a viable alternative.

4 Likes

I actually find Ana to be very playable.

True there are things that she could use to make her life easier. I don’t think people are greedy for asking for them. Some of the suggestions for her? Yeah, blatantly OP. She could use something though. I haven’t seen much that I agree with outside minor CD reduction to sleepdart. I would even take a -1 second sleep time for a -2 second CD.

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of how many buffs a character gets if it’s not a buff they need or if it doesn’t fix what’s not working with them. You making a thread complaining about people being dissatisfied with a character that’s obviously in a dire state just boggles my mind. These “amazing” buffs haven’t changed Ana’s place in the meta at all, and also making her able to nano herself in DM is more leveling the playing field rather than a buff. Ana has barely received any buffs since her harsh nerf more than a year ago, and the once she did get were definitely small. So until Ana is at least somewhat level with other healers in terms of pick-rates I think people playing her have every reason to complain.

6 Likes

She has one of the worst pickrates/winrates and it only marginally increases as you reach higher ranks. I’m not being hostile as I’m being honest about ignorant posts that jump on something with no basis to back it up. Perhaps if he played Ana frequently in competitive and wasn’t in low gold, I would take his words with more respect. But the way he’s put forward his proposition only irritates me considering how uninformed and objectively wrong he is. It’s disrespectful to Ana players who have been begging for an update for almost two years.

2 Likes

Troll much? If that’s the case then why the several buffs back to back. Secondly I even a advocated for Ana before this post to help a fellow healers suggested self nano buff before or heal through shields.

“Your post is disrespectful and ignorant”

Coming from a person who makes stuff up and scapegoat others with slander as if single post stops dev development. Nah your greed blinds you and your being unreasonable.

Ana’s pickrate is not to do with her being bad. It’s that she’s far more difficult to get the use out of than other supports and has a much higher skill floor. The skill floor is probably what causes the winrate as most people haven’t practiced Ana enough to be really good as her.

Tbqh I find Mercy’s healing is so much easier to be effective with and doesn’t have a reload time or require aim … that I’d even say that Mercy’s healing is better than Ana’s in most situations outside burst tank healing.

1 Like

You’re saying I’m trolling when you made this thread and ignored the latter half of my post. The part where I decimated your ignorant argument.

I didn’t make anything up. Ana has had no update for almost two years while Mercy has been meta for almost every competitive season. She has one of the lowest pickrate/winrate across all ranks check Overbuff. She gets two small updates after almost two years which do very little to balance her many overbearing weaknesses. How on earth is asking for a bit more greedy?

3 Likes

Because what we got is not what we wanted. Yes it’s nice to shoot through fully healed allies but it didn’t happen than often that someone blocked that shot. In my opinion and i am a full on Ana main what we need is:

1. Nades do not stop at fully healed teammates especially when they’re behind us. A lot of times i want to throw an offensive nade but someone jumps in front of me and it breaks.
  2. Being able to change the color of health bar. I like the new change but i cannot see who is fully healed and who is not because the white health bar is invisible on every map.
    At the end i’d like to add that maybe you shouldn’t talk about other heroes that you have not played. Yes i checked, you have 3 min on Ana.
2 Likes

She is not the worst healer in game. She is the hardest to master. Same as widowmaker. Only good if you know how to play her.

Yes. Ana is extremely strong in the right hands and she does what she does better than any of the other supports. She’ll never be viable in every comp, but no support is. Mercy is probably closest, but that’s more about what comps people most commonly run than her actual kit.

You realize that not everyone who asks for buffs play on the same platform right?

Some of these Ana-Mains that are being “greedy” play on Console where she’s been THE worst hero in the game for a long time now…even when she was meta on PC.

This is how strong Ana is on Console (PS4) Grandmasters.

Symmetra is a more viable pick than Ana.

I don’t understand people getting mad at people who mainly play the lower-end heroes that desire more buffs.

I mean, I’ve been seeing people getting angry at Sombra players just because they’re dissatisfied with the state of their hero…with good reason!

There are even some people who make posts that want her to remain in her weak state!

People…it’s not unreasonable to ask for changes when you notice that something has been failing!

4 Likes