Are Ana and Pharah Muslim

I love this probably more than I should haha :joy:

thats why i said they were still muslim, but u have a lot of misunderstandings of islam

I haven’t seen anybody mention this yet, but FYI there is a big Christian minority in Egypt. They could both be Christian.

2 Likes

They could be Coptic, it would explain why they’re fine with having tattoos and military service, but statistically it’s more likely they are Muslim (if even barely observant). But it’s open to personal headcanons of course

Yes, in our religion, Islam, hair and body must be covered, but Overwatch is stupid and to understand something

I think Ana and Pharah are Muslims in a sense, they believe in Allah but don’t do anything else. In retrospective there are Christians who believe in God but don’t go every Sunday to a church, don’t celebrate most of Christian holidays if not none. Basically we can split the believers to active and not active categories.

I’m not Muslim either but I believe it is her and between her and allah

Her choice and between her and allah* my bad

sadly this aged poorly… :frowning:

1 Like

I’d guess Ana is but that Pharah likely struggles between her Muslim and Native American heritate.

Also, not all Muslim women wear hijab? Especially if they spend a lot of time in countries like USA. Regardless, despite removing her helmet to pose for skins, she does wear a helmet most of the time.

I don’t know why they haven’t stated that they are or are not in the lore.

Not true, Pharah wears a helmet covering her hair and most of her face. The rest of her armor covers everything else. (I think only 2 skins are an exception to this, but her default skin in OW1&2 and most of her other skins have thorough covering).

She has classical Egyptian makeup or tattoos so she’s probably polytheistic. It’s possible in the future abrahamic religions fell out of favor and cultures went back to their roots.

Where does it mention reaper is an atheist and 76 is Catholic? Also why do they allow these types of topics to be discussed about, one thing I’ve learned from these forms is that people like to poke the bear.

Its part of the info you can find on the dogtags on their army skins.

1 Like

could be interesting if overwatch adresses religion, keyword could, we barely have any story and the game is full of lore but we barely know anything about the characters

Do all Catholics let their body hair grow? Nope, just like not all Muslims cover their hair. Most people in the West will say they are Christians but I bet half of them have never been at a church before, it’s the same in the East as well. Plus Egypt is a secular country, one of the least religious countries in Islamic territory. Not all Arabs are Muslims either, there are at least a few million Christian Arabs in the World. Sterotypes are often illusory.

1 Like

wait wait what? why catholics should let their hair grow?

My dude. They have the symbol of a pagan god tattooed to their faces.

Things like showing the hair and having tattoos are a bit more excusable–neither of those things are expressly forbidden in the sacred texts, and Islamic scholars’ takes on those subjects can range anywhere from “it isn’t an issue at all” to “behead them.”

But honoring gods other than Allah is a contradiction of Islam on the most fundamental level. Literally the first pillar of Islam is Faith–accepting Allah as the one and only god, and rejecting all other gods. This is clearly not something that Ana and Pharah have done, so they cannot be Muslim.

1 Like

As far as I know it is sinful to have body modifications unless it’s medical in Catholism. So religious Catholics usually do not shave their body hair. At the end of the day, it is a choice that will be judged only by God, pretty much like wearing or not wearing hijab in İslam.

All three celestial religions are pretty much the same, except some major differences about Jesus. I am a Christian from a country with a Muslim major population(Turkey). So I had the opportunity to check out both religions from head to toe.

Covering hair is actually comes from Christianity, priests and nuns do that all the time. It’s even stricter in Christianity, being applied to men as well.

1 Like

what the hell are you talking about, where you saw this as a fundamental divine law of catholisism? there is nothing in catholisism that forbids doing things to your body. maybe in the old testament you will find some aburd laws but nobody follows them. what jews do its let their beards grown, but i think thats more a tradition than a law

i think you are mixing roman catholisim with some weird protestant branch that is very fundamentalist, like jehovah witnesses, they dont even celebrate birthdays