Are accounts flagged in a way that prevents advancing?

I’ve played OW competitive since Season 1.
I got to a point say Season 12, where I got perma stuck in bronze, after being solid Gold for seasons, and there was nothing I could do to escape.
3 seasons ago, I created a new account to test out my theory and placed in Gold/high silver for the last 3 seasons. OK, maybe there is such a thing as ELO hell?

I returned to my original account, and started playing comp again. I had to do placement games, and I score 3W-7L in Damage - placing bronze 1. I scored 7W -3L in heals and got placed in Bronze 4.

First alarm bell there. How can I win 7/10 and get Bronze 4? How can I win more than twice the games as healer and stil be lower than my dps ranking?

Now, Im seeing the scoring per win/loss and theres another alarm bell. Im on a win streak of 6 games playing healer. the last 2 matches I progressed 10% and then 8%, where as in my other account, a base win/loss is ± 20%

It seems its half the scoring in Bronze, OR has that account been flagged somehow as bad? you need to win twice as much is Bronze to get out?!

Whats going on? ELO does exist based on the above. I’d like a logical explaination please @blizzard.

1 Like

The logical explanation is likely incompetence, as would Occam’s Razor suggest. The devs at Blizzard haven’t been able to do proper matchmaking and ranked ladders for almost a decade and it doesn’t look like they’ll be able to anytime soon. It also doesn’t help that in letting the game die for two years while they worked on nothing concrete the devs essentially chased away a lot of players and as a direct result they made the job of making balanced lobbies an almost impossible task.

You reap what you sow, and Blizzard hasn’t sowed anything good for years.

1 Like

Absolutely. I have always believed that Blizzard somehow cap people advancing whether it be by stacking them against a better team or just slowing them down in such a way it makes them weaker. I know when I am playing my best but I also notice when its not working.

Just go to google patents and check which patents are active in use for Overwatch 2™ and understand the entire thing is rigged and there is no competitive integrity to be found in this game.

3 Likes

You wont find any info on what patents are “active for overwatch”

A patent with an active status, just means the company owns it. Nothing more, not that it’s implemented anywhere.
And activision/blizzard has more games than just overwatch.

YES. check endorsement levels of both teams via endorse menu. Lvl 1 endorsed players usually means theyre coming off a suspension.

Youll find they often group a bunch of lvl1 endorsements together.

I have hundreds of screenshots.

Nah the “Occam’s Razor” would suggest he is just bronze.

1 Like

Accounts aren’t flagged from advancing, the system is just designed for you to grind endlessly to get anywhere unless you’re actually good enough to 1v5 consistently. Winning more games places you against higher MMR players while placing you with lower MMR players (because your MMR is high), which makes games more difficult to win even in bronze. I have accounts ranging from Bronze to Diamond, and none of them are “stuck”, but it does take hundreds of matches typically to move them in any direction.

the more games played on an account stuck at a certain rank, the more of a grind it becomes to climb it.

like I firmly believe that someone with an account that has hundreds of thousands of games played across all comp seasons in Gold, could have it into GM if it were given to a GM player. But - it would take them a lot more games to do it than it would take on a newer account with a fraction of that playtime, just because the system would be so certain that they belong in Gold.

Theres always been tales of the “losers queue”, never proved but when you go on long losing streaks because of 1 or 2 rando players playing really poorly/underperfoming, and the frequency of those forced losing streaks, it does make you believe its a thing.