"Applying update" gave me a loss + abandoned game

Same. Just happened to me, 15 minute penalty. Applying Update never did anything.

1 Like

Just got into a comp game and then instantly smacked with this: APPLYING UPDATE thing. I can’t do anything. Took a screenshot and then closed out of the game. Now I have a penalty and game leaver thing. This is not fair, especially when the comp system is already wonky.

1 Like

happening to me everyday now i’m on an 8hour ban. please fix asap

2 Likes

Has happened twice in 2 days. It’s sad how far Blizzard has fallen.

1 Like

Happened to me twice

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

3 Likes

same thing happened to me. im now banned for an hour sheet game

1 Like

Extremely similar situation over here, was playing comp with my partner and I was the one who got the ‘applying update’ screen while he made it into the match just fine. Our PCs are set up right next to each other, ethernet cables to the same modem and router, etc, so I know it’s not our internet, either.

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me yesterday and today again, I got banned for 1 hour and I lose competitive points because of this bug, please fix it and cancel my bans and the points I lost :pensive:

this was on xbox series x btw

1 Like

Same happened twice to me only in comp though

1 Like

I hope that they are able to fix peoples comp losses because I am now going to derank on dps and tank. Maybe they could just fully reset their set of 5 like nothing happened instead of tying to remove one game

1 Like

I have the same issue. Stuck “applying update” while everyone else is in game. Twice in two days and I’m now stuck with an hour ban.

1 Like

Same, Got a 15 minute ban, loss, and endorsement level drop

1 Like

I was already in the limbo and now got 20 hours ban because of this, can the penalty be lifted?

1 Like

Its so funny to me that stuff like this is still happening in season 4

1 Like

Jup same for me. Happend 3 days in a row now, and because of this i dropped to masters.

For some reason it always seems to be the first match i try to play.

1 Like

Many players have that since yesterday. I hope they will fix it asap, because it can ruin your stats and ranking. It can also cause a season ban for the victims of this bug.

2 Likes

Just had this bug too, but while going into QP. I restarted my game and Blizzard App and managed to get into first game. Everyone left, so I got kicked out of game. After that, things got better and I managed to play 2 and a half games. Does anyone know if this update screen bug is random or if I managed to play a game I should be fine? I wanna jump into Comp but I am too scared.

I already lost my endorsement level due to this bug, I don’t wanna get banned in Comp too.

2 Likes

Can we have some official statement on this? It´s a very important and hot bug which effects many players and destroys our SR.

3 Likes

2 days in a row now. The ban system really needs an update to distinguish game errors more broadly as well as this.

While you’re at it would be nice to introduce an in-game surrender feature so that games don’t feel unescapable for fear of ban (you know the games I’m talking about)

4 Likes