"Applying update" gave me a loss + abandoned game

They’re not even acknowledging it, just grouping it as disconnections and repeatedly explaining about the penalties and how they can’t remove it no matter what. I keep making it clear it’s in game and it’s a bug and even provided the evidence. Someone else responded to my same ticket claim, repeating what the previous person already disclosed. Literally copy and paste

Same thing… it’s crazy that there isn’t a blue post about this. This bug has been going on for some time now and not even a “we know this is happening and we’re trying to fix it”

GUYS. SPAM SOCIAL MEDIA ABOUT THIS.

Otherwise it’ll get buried here on their forums like everything else does. Forums don’t help, clearly.

3 Likes

I also had the same problem here.

I have had the same issue
really hope blizzard fixes this

Apparently, the developers know about it but stay quiet… Oh, and NO recompensation or bans removed for those affected.

2 Likes

It affects our fellow players??? The only thing it affects is the few minutes they have to wait while the people experiencing the bug get heavily punished for NO REASON. It’s out of our control. The match automatically closes saving everyone’s SR if the leaver isn’t touched by the enemy. This response is malarkey. They are so rude and inconsiderate.

1 Like

So after posting on Social Media I got a response from Blizzard CS

“Go into the practice range to get the update started, so it won’t count as a leave if it does drop you. ^PJ”

This is unacceptable. Firstly, to have them reply on social media feels like damage control/dismissiveness of this bug, when they have forums where more of us are explaining what’s going on. Secondly, they are apparently aware of the issue if they’ve come up with this janky customer workaround, rather than actually fixing the bug they caused.

It’s terrible they are allowing their bug to damage their customers accounts, AND ignoring us to add further insult to injury. It’s like there’s no accountability here. I can’t imagine being one of the people who purchased a battlepass, made other shop purchases, only to try to play comp & be hit by this. Not to mention, those of us with OW1 accounts who managed to climb the ranks, only to be hit with such penalties and damage our SR. It’s just SO unprofessional to say the least.

3 Likes

same here, I now have an hour ban and 2 losses/abandons on my record.

1 Like

Same thing happens to me yesterday and now again my console is still stuck on the applying update screen.

Second day in a row, I am up to an hour for something out of my control. Additionally when I did get in to games yesterday, I had 2 of 8 comp games that at least one person didn’t join and the lobby closed, or the game crashed and was forced to take an L.

Bandii, I saw the Blizzard CS’s twitter’s replies to you, and feel your frustration. Them telling us to “pick up the update” in modes other than competitive feels really unhelpful, because there IS no update to pick up, like you pointed out!

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me twice, 1 hour suspension and the penalties for losing add up specially since I was playing support (this happened on a different account not this one btw) I’m pretty sure we still have the all 4000 points to GM system it’s just dishonestly hidden. -100 SR points for no wrong doing.

Same here, 2nd time this happened to me. Complete disregard by blizz on this is sad, they definitely know about it since its all over the forums in different topics and on social media. The longer ow2 goes on, the more it seems like blizzard only cares about making money from the store/battle pass with this game since those are the only things that always works right.

Quickly losing faith in the blizzard team responsible for this game.

Third time this has happened to me, only seems to happen after first booting up the game and not queueing for anything (but i queued off role the past few days and forgot it kept happening so this is day 3 now and im on my 2nd hour long suspension… ;-;…)

Well, i just got a 20 hour ban

2 month ban is next for you I’m afraid

The same thing happens to me, I’m afraid of starting another competitive game and getting banned for a longer time

2 Likes

THIS NEEDS FO BE FIXED. PLAYERS NEED TO BE COMPENSATED. MY RANK I WORKED SO HARD FOR IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE OF THIS. I HAVE A 20 HOUR BAN. FIX THIS NOW THIS SHOULD BE AT THE TOP oF THE LIST.

1 Like

It would be great if the penalties caused by this bug could be reverted as well, but from what the Game Master implied from keykira’s Customer Support ticket, I don’t think that’s a capability the game engine even has. Of course, with enough public outcry, that is a change they Devs could eventually implement, so I’d encourage everyone experiencing this to bump up the several other posts regarding the Applying Update bug, which I’ve compiled in my megathread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. The more players who spread the word about this bug, the greater the chance the Devs will fix it further.