"Applying update" error and then I get banned

The same thing happened to me. got suspended for 15min

1 Like

Same and it’s frustrating they can’t separate a dc/issue from an intentional leave.

3 Likes

same hapened to me twice i am now bannend for 6 or 7 hours

1 Like

this happened to me to i now have a 1 h ban :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Same. Happened yesterday first time, suspended 15 min´s. Now for 1 hour! It looks like everytime the first time playing, you get this bug lately. This needs to be fixed asap.

1 Like

Really? It happened to me twice as well, second time 1hour suspension. Why you got banned for whole season?! That´s crazy.

1 Like

I’ve had this same problem. I’ve also had games simple drop for me and get a “lost connection to server” error. Resulting in my getting banned for and hour. I take ranked pretty seriously. I never leave matches. And for this to happen, it’s really upsetting and makes me not even wanna play the game anymore.

1 Like

same for me, 15m ban at the very first game. i’m afraid to try again…pls blizzard sup do something

1 Like

I am currently on an 8-hour band because of this…
Can we get a Dev to chime in please? Haha

2 Likes

This has happend to me three times in a week and every time i have been playing comp and im now banned for 8hours

1 Like

Good news, the Applying Update bug has been addressed by a community manager. Link here: [Main Thread] Applying Update - #148 by Joynueer.

1 Like

This has been happening to me as well. It just happened a few minutes ago and I got banned for 15 minutes. I can only assume this will hurt the SR of anyone it happens to as well. Which is not fair at all.

1 Like

There have, in the entire history of the fourms, been suspensions where Blizzard is at fault, either their clients or servers causing the issue. I have to say, I am experiencing some good schadenfreude watching everyone come here to document this, when Blizzard, as with all bans previously, will do nothing about any of them, as they’ve stated and continued to state they will do nothing about them. Your ban, regardless of fault, is your ban. You must serve it. In the eyes of Blizzard, the only fairness is the ban. “Play nice, play fair.”

If you do not want to get banned, do not play the game.

1 Like

best way to temporarily fix it is by going into the shooting range before playing any of the gamemodes. it usually prevents it but they still need to fix it :confused:

Same here just to add to the amount of people with this problem.

I was about to post something like this, thank god its not just me. Just happened to me right now. It gave me a applying update and I couldn’t do anything. Alt f4’ed and after that got suspended for 15 mins. needs to be fixed

same thing happened to me

Seeing a lot of these topics popping up. Posted yesterday in another, but getting it again tonight. Game popped, now I’m banned because of this supposed update. Loving this bug. :confused:

I wonder when y’all will start paying attention.

Maybe read pinned topic first before spamming.

There’s no notification in game so the natural reaction will be to post on the forums. Plus, that thread was updated April 28th so it’s been a few days now.

1 Like