It has come to my attention that there has been a pretty widespread bug happening in game when queueing for matches. When a match is found, there is some sort of error that occurs which causes the “Applying Update” text to appear on screen and prevent the player from doing any actions within the game window (besides out-right closing the game with Alt+F4). This has led to myself and multiple of my friends receiving false bans for games we simply are unable to join due to an issue in game. This is further corroborated by the posts I have seen on the forums here, leading me to believe this a very widespread issue that has unfortunately been occurring for way too long. I understand Support is unable to remove the bans, however it is unacceptable for a game and company of this size to allow this issue to persist for so long. Purely off my own experience, I have received 4 bans from this issue over the past 2 weeks. There needs to be something done, and even if the problem can’t be fixed tomorrow, the community deserves an announcement or acknowledgement of the issue and that it is being worked on.
this also happened to me its ridiculous
happens to me today, ridiculously ban for me due to system bug.
My bans keep getting longer and bugs like these cause my wait times to last longer. There are sometimes when I get suspended because the loading game wont disappear and ill get kicked for inactivity. But i think that one got fixed.
yep me and my cousin also just got an hour long ban because this bug banned us 3 times now.
Same here, writing this during my 1 hr ban. Fix this please. I paid money for this seasons pass, but keep getting loading update freeze.
on a 19 hour ban because of this, sick.
Yeah me and my partner just got hit with a xp penalty for our next 11 matches for this bug. I didn’t know it can lead to a ban.
I am now banned for 8 hours, this honestly makes me not want to play anymore. It’s real sad.
Banned for an hour in Competitive, second time it has happened.
Why does this bug have more than a WEEK and has not been fixed?
Fix iiiiit
its been like 12hrs since the first report of this and its still happening, I just got banned for the same thing
Likewise, I don’t know why this keeps happening, I just got an hour ban for trying to play a game with a friend, but -applying update- appears once more, and I have to quit the game because OW is stuck, thus I get a ban? This is unacceptable
same, im afraid of getting perma banned because of this because i know they will not remove it even though its not my fault for getting banned
I just got a 8 hour ban because of this. I’ve been searching for fixes but all I could find was an article saying you should either start a normal game or go to the training room.
I forgot about this, and started a ranked game, the bug happened and now and I can’t play the game anymore.
This is stupid, they KNOW of this yet they won’t fix a game breaking bug. This literally can make you lose your account.
happened to me for the 3rd time this week
happned to me yesterday, and just now today.
so annoying since you get banned from playing and possibly hurting my SR
devs literally don’t care, as per the reddit thread about this issue. they spouted some nonsense about entering practice mode before (every?) game. once again they make the fatal mistake that everyone follows social media or cares about streamers.
‘we know you aren’t at fault but our system is maintained by bots because we fired any paid workers’ basically
that’s probably going to be government in future, “we know the ai is faulty but if you get imprisoned for life just live out your sentence and try again next life”
they also literally said no employee can help you if your punished over the bug they admit is a known issue
It have happened to me 3 times already, usually when i just started a game. I didn’t get deranked because of leaving but still worried since it can happen again