Applying Update Applying Update

I just got season banned because of this glitch. I can’t play this game anymore. Thanks blizzard.

5 Likes

I’ve been banned for the entire season because of this. It happened to me 4 days in a row. I sent them a ticket and they refuse to unban me. I’m done with Blizzard after this. I’ve been a loyal customer since OW1 came out and this is absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter. I sent them a ticket to unban me and they declined it with some BS copy/paste message.

2 Likes

Has there been a fix or at least a comment from them on this yet?

1 Like

Thanks blizzard, got this bug and dropped about 200 ranks in t500 because it suspended me. fix this pos game my god, i shouldn’t be suspended for your own bug.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. A link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Had the same exact thing happen to me. Had to task manager my way out and got handed suspensions both times it happened to me. I’m sure I was also given a loss for each time it happened too.

1 Like

That’s stupid and so are the devs for not saying anything about this

3 Likes

this happened to me and now i have a SEVEN HOUR BAN. im sorry but this is bull, 7 hours REALLY?! ive lost rank and my precious little play time i have. this needs to be addressed right away.

1 Like

You’re real close to that seasonal ban now just avoid comp until they fix the issue. In meantime, we should all bump threads with this issue until Blizzard addresses this and can’t ignore all the damage the update has done to hundreds of accounts.

1 Like

i have the same problem

2 Likes

This issue is still affecting me the first time I log in every day. I’m going to get banned from comp due to an error with your game. Please fix this or teach your game to recognize when someone leaves on purpose or you game breaks.

2 Likes

Just had it happen to me, the issue has returned

1 Like

Chiming in here, had this issue happen to me twice in the last few days, I am currently on a 1-hr ban.

2 Likes

same here… I’m afraid my account will be banned or something…

or get penalty at the end of the season.

I’ll be so upset if that happens

1 Like

Still happening. Was playing competitive fine and when I tried to queue again it just popped it.

2 Likes

Just happened to me for the second time and was banned from comp for an hour

1 Like

I just got my third ban thanks to this bug, I have to restart the game each time and since it happens while connecting to a match it gives me no time to actually rejoin the game

1 Like

This is the second time that I’ve been banned from playing competitive because I get a notification that says “applying Update” that doesn’t go away unless I force quit my game. When I return, I am banned. This is impacting my ranking that I work hard for. Please correct this issue. It’s unfair to my gameplay. FIX THIS BLIZZARD. Unreal that your devs aren’t making this a priority

1 Like

Good news, the Applying Update bug has been addressed by a community manager. A link to it here: [Main Thread] Applying Update - #148 by Joynueer.