Anyone still playing Season 10 or Gave up for now?

1. Orisa / Counterwatch
  2. Matchmaking is not balanced, get stomped (Majority you’re gonna get stomped) or stomp
  3. Competitive rewards is really underwhelming / hard to farm now. No more end of Season reward is a bummer.
  4. Random Disconnects that can happen to You or your teammate or your Enemy, which is scary because it’ll dictate the whole game already.
  5. People might misinterpret you and you gonna get Reported, especially on comms when you try to communicate and if the person doesnt like you, you’ll just get reported.
  6. Too much different Currencies to buy your Weapons.
  7. Matchmaking Gains are bad, your win gains are lower, if you lose the deduction is much more bigger.

y’all can other any other opinions

Waiting for a big fix / balance fix for now.

6 Likes

Totally agree with all this. And we haven’t even mentioned the last 2 ‘new’ heroes - Mauga and Venture are just awful.

This is a sign of the direction OW2 is heading - down the drain FAST.

1 Like

This is my 2nd day back in about 9+ months. (You can skip my novel for a TLDR; at the end)

I’ve played this game every single season since some where around the early seasons of OW1. OW2 launch was just SOOOO bad I tried to hang on for a few seasons to see if things would get better but everything just got worse. more bots, more derankers, more smurfs, more pay to win, longer mandatory grinds if you didnt want to pay… straight up marketing lies regarding direction of OW / the “RPG” aspect of the game etc…

What brought me back this season was hearing they got rid of pay to win - all heros can be played now regardless of payment so at least the core of competitive was saved???

With that said - All previous problems seem to remain…

how much you gain or lose in terms of “SR” (rank w/e it is now) doesn’t make sense at all… I’ll win an incredibly hard fought game and get like 5%? I’ll totally stomp a team and gain again like 5%? But then I might lose a game by a tiny margin… like multiple OT rounds in a close match but some how thats worth loseing 35%?..

Also noticing large swings in the match making… like 1 player is CLEARLY way better than his team mates and vice versa. Some times I’m completely lost cuz my team is playing circles around me and then the next game I swear my team is drunk.

TLDR; I guess long story short (I didn’t make this short at all) literally all the problems I quit over still seem to be around, but AT LEAST the most glaring issue of pay walling hero’s was dropped which saved the integrity of competitive. If you just ignore all the other issues and accept that OW is still OW with all its same faults which have been an issue since day 1 anyway and you were fine with it before… its still here for you to ‘enjoy’ which for the most part i do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh yeah, i forgot venture. he needs a bit of a tiny nerf, especially his skills needs to be alot more louder

Until they introduce some form of skill MMR adjustment this games “Comp” is just Q/P with longer matches.

1 Like

“Counterwatch” is the reason I’ve been playing less and less. It’s just sad at this point. Not many games start with characters like Orisa, Zarya, Sombra and Pharah, but a lot of games end with them.

6 Likes

uninstalled battle net two weeks ago , got fed-up with the MM giving me horrible teammates as a solo tank; the game knows my hidden MMR (true rank) and does some intricate and calculative s*** to make sure i engage as much hours and time into the game as possible to chase a rank it refuses to give me then blatantly tells me after the match that i was expected to lose (uphill battle) rather than just giving fair matches . imagine dangling a dog treat over your dog & even though they actually jump HIGHER than than the treat , you still yank the treat even higher to not let them eat it. thats OW’s matchmaking , & it’s by design.

those high ranked accounts are boosted/carried. you know why? because stomp or be stomped matches shouldn’t happen in ranks in diamond or above but it does. if those players truly belonged in their ranks , then blowout matches should never happen irregardless if it was won or lost.

4 Likes

Yes, this was annoying as well. the team fights are so exhausting and then when you manage to win all it says is “Expected” like what?? not to degrade the enemy side but they worked for it as well not unless you stomp them but its not rewarding because there will be no room for improvement.

1 Like

I’d elaborate on the counterwatch, I think hero’s that are easy to use yet hard counter heros that are not very easy to use. e.g., sombra simply holding right click on ball or doomfist while invisible, give me a break. As soon as they change to sombra it’s over, you have to change (unless the other team is especially terrible). Pharmercy and echo+mercy are still pretty obnoxious to play against, if they do it correctly then there isn’t a lot you can do.

2 Likes

Not playing any more until I see the mid season patch and even if I do return it’ll be for a couple of games here and there so I can finish the battle pass and then radio silence. The devs still don’t understand that they need to get back to the drawing board on that October 2020 patch that was universally liked and work on how to adapt everything they’ve released since then to that. If they don’t do that this game will just get worse and worse and eventually the only ones left will be the streamers, the smurfs, the cheaters, and the naive players that think cheaters are as rare as unicorns. Those naive players will be mostly whales that pay good money for skins and battle passes and frankly speaking they’re the only ones that matter to Blizzard. Streamers are all paid to promote the game and an image of “Overwatch is back” but in reality this game needs a serious rework and that takes time the devs don’t have. Ah well…but the devs did that to themselves, Bobby or no Bobby.

So let’s see…Team 4 took away a game we paid for and replaced it with a worse version that isn’t good even if you pay for the battle pass or the skins they sell in the shop. That should make your decision on whether to play pretty easy.

2 Likes

we need a dev reset to breath some life back into the game

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a Kiri main. Only lost 2 out of 12 games yesterday. 11 of those on Kiri and 1 on Ilari. Kiri just has more value. I sweat like hell. Only 2 games were stomps. Just farming comp points though. I’m fine with my rank. I wouldn’t give up on the game but don’t take your rank too seriously or worry about it. It’s purely cosmetic.