Anyone miss old Orisa?

Yes, I’m aware double shield was broken, but I much preferred old Orisa before double shield to modern Orisa. She played keep away rather than ram her face into you, and it felt more tactical. Also pull was just really fun to use on maps with drops.

Honestly, if they had just had Orisa shield deploy on Orisa with a cool down (sort of like Rammatra), I think she could have worked in OW2. You’d just have to be smarter with bingo (the other word is banned, lol) placement, like all deployables in OW2.

19 Likes

Nope. I do miss supercharger. Best ult replaced with a terrible ult.

7 Likes

The only thing that was fun about old Orisa was halting people off the map or from behind a wall when they’re low HP and killing them, besides that she didn’t really do a whole lot of meaningful things. So no I don’t miss her

1 Like

With only one tank now, the old orisa would actually be a really good and viable tank. She may still need the javelin throw over the pull though because her biggest weakness in OW1 was closing the gap on her.

1 Like

Or just buff pull till it works in OW2. And yes, I hate flankers that much.

I miss a lot of the old heroes. Orisa, Bastian, Sombra, to name a few… But things change.

yes all the time lol

h ttps://youtube.com/shorts/qscO-HkM200?feature=shared

Funniest thing to ever happen to me in OW was halting Hog into the well, and he hooked me in after him before he fell.

2 Likes

Bastion is another one I wonder why they fully reworked. They could have just swapped tank and turret, and balanced accordingly.

1 Like

“Ba-da duble sheeld!!!”
–Elitist community, despite the fact it’s no longer possible in competitive.

2 Likes

Sigma should have gotten the rework, not Orisa. The horse was fine as she was, I liked her.

3 Likes

I feel like OG Orisa would have fit better with some tweaks for sure. I like both version of orisa, but I think OG orisa would be better received as a solo tank in OW2.

Me not at all. Most boring tank to play as or against. Either shoot a barrier all game, or sit behind one spamming. The only fun part of her kit was halt.

1 Like

I miss the pull ability for boops. The javelin boops are satisfying, but not as satisfying as dropping an entire team off the Rialto bridge.

2 Likes

I realize you obviously can’t give a direct answer to this, but what word was replaced with “bingo” here?

I definitely miss old Orisa, especially her team-based Damage Booster Ult. That was one of my favorite Ult in the whole game! :cry:

But her new spear is dope, so I guess its kind of a nice compromise.

At least she was balanced, back then. Now we’ve got a demon horse that’s near unkillable, has a flawless cooldown loop with minimal downtime, and has one of the best Tank ults in the game.

Yeah, I’d take being Halted off the map than dealing with another game of OW2 Orisa.

1 Like

I feel like Ram is a OW1 Orisa/Rein hybrid so I’m not too broken up about losing OW1 Orisa, but I won’t lie: if they replaced OW2 Orisa’s Jav. Spin with a barrier, I’d probably play her again. Replacing Terra with Supercharger would be the icing on the cake.

I don’t know if I could go back to a faithful OW1 Orisa now, though. No movement speed decrease while firing is really nice. After the nerfs, Halt was a pretty sorry ability.

Replace the first vowel with an ‘o’ instead.

1 Like

No, I also don’t like this current version of Orisa either.

Same, but that’s only because I spent hours perfecting my Orisa Shield placement. I could sometimes get a shield on a payload cart by shooting it straight up and have it land on the moving cart.