Anyone here study theology? Would be interesting to hear your views on the Mercy discussions

This never happened lol. They responded so much to you guys but it wasn’t the answer you wanted so “silence” is what you guys saw.

So, Mercy mains are Zerg?
Dear gods.

1 Like

More like a bunch of bees and this fictional character is the queen.

Although she may not have any actual power over them, they still feel like she does and they need to do her bidding.

1 Like

If a lot of people think something is wrong, surely it means they’re actually just a hive mind cult and not that something is actually wrong.

The only “responses” Blizzard has given on the topic essentially amount to “we’re not listening”.

A lot of people think one thing is wrong when, in fact, it’s not actually wrong.

There’s a difference between a lot of people thinking it’s wrong vs a few people thinking it’s wrong then some more players then more and more until what we have today.

Numbers don’t mean a lot here. Don’t confuse yourselves for the majority.

LOL!

I wish I could post pictures right now.

Not only is that untrue, Blizzard has given you “reworks are off the table” and

(Can’t quote the rest simply because I don’t wanna go through the old forums.
Which both remain true. I’m not sure what the big issue is.

Mercy main hate is bread and butter for this forum, but now classifying them as mindless cultists? We’re more than half way to declaring them to be sub human. If anything, this forum would be an interesting study in how groups use dehumanizing language to marginalize other groups.

We’re referring to people that play a certain character in a video game as insects. It is fortunate that the denizens of the forum have absolutely no power to affect things either in-game or in the real world, as we’d be going to some dark places if that were the case.

Yeah dude, a lot of people thinking something is wrong actually means nothing. Player feedback means nothing, so we shouldn’t listen to it! You’d make a great Blizzard employee.

Also, that post is literally them telling us that they’re not listening, both directly and indirectly. They think “Mercy doesn’t need changes” (until they change their mind and decide to nerf her healing) because her winrate is ~50%. But that has nothing to do with what we’re trying to tell them. The fact that they don’t realize that is hard proof that they’re not listening and don’t wish to have a conversation.

Denizens of this forum - maybe not. But if you think the world doesn’t function by those rules stated here, and that there are no people abusing them… you sweet summer child.

Well, I am old enough to be your grandfather and am certainly no child. I am very aware of how cruel and evil this world is – much more than you, child of the internet. I’ve seen it first hand. You may save your lecture.

Hopefully you aren’t in your 70s yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Yet, no matter old you are, you apparently think that applying rules of mob mentality to literal mob is somehow dehumanizing. No. That’s how things are. It’s mob that is dehumanizing in the first place.

Have you held a starving child as it died, little one? I have. I have seen things that you would never imagine. I am not a millennial who reads Wikipedia and imagines himself worldly. I have seen the blood, the death, and heard the screams.

I pray you never will.

Dude this is the overwatch forums, f*cking chill.

1 Like

And this has something with this topic or with your statement how?

Thank you though. Both for your wish and assumptions :expressionless:

It has to do with your assumption. You imagined that I was some naive babe, born yesterday and seeing the world as rainbows. No, I was pointing out the nature of the remarks on this forum – shining a light on the ugliness. This made you uncomfortable. Good. It means that you needed to hear it, to see what it was, and to think about it.

Do that.

It is the Overwatch forum, and on the Overwatch forum we are using dehumanizing language to marginalize people based on what character they like playing in a video game. It is an ugly thing over a trivial matter. It needs to be pointed out. And it was. But this made some uncomfortable, and as is the way of the internet the discourse quickly turned from the topic to adjudicating the person making the statement. In this case, I was slandered as being some wet-behind-the-ears child. I defended myself. I will not be a doormat to the internet mob.

If Mercy had Bastion design nobody would give a dam fvck about her.

From history - certain mustache guy loved insect comparsions when it came to certain groups of people he disliked.

Just sayin’

Indeed, I was attempting to draw the allusion indirectly with my remark about the real world and dark places.

Oh dear, you are so full of yourself.

Your statement was naive. Somebody of your declared age should know better. What’s dehumanizing in pointing out how a group of individuals functions? If you are unable to draw the line between people and analogy that describes them - that says more about you than the person making analogy.

Edit: nevermind. This is one of those “talking to the wall” cases.