Anyone Else Miss Zen/Mercy or Mercy/Lucio?

I know you accept my opinion and I accept yours, yet I wonder how you think that way.

I told you why I think the way I do, I am curious why you think valk is so strong.

But maybe you just don’t feel like discussing too much atm, which is ok ofc…

1 Like

It’s strong, only if team is already destined to win and just need to keep pressure on. It’s awful, when it comes to applying decisive strike to reach that victory state.

No you’re just bad at using it. If your team is already going to win the fight, DON’T ULT. Valk is very useful for swinging fights in your favor and being the exact thing you need for that decisive strike to reach victory.

Pls stop turning this thread into complaining about Valk that’s not what it’s about. Thanks.

Not at all. Valkyrie is good to accelerate certain victory. Basically, when you are running out of time, and victory will happen anyway, but it may happen few seconds too late.

If victory is certain you don’t need to accelerate it, nevermind waste a strong support ultimate on it. I see too many Mercy players who don’t know when/how to Valk and it’s cringey

Or they pop it to save themselves even when their team is gonna die no matter what and they should just die too and reset

1 Like

It’s certain, but it has to hurry up.

It’s weak ult, because it fails to prevent even simplest pick attempts. However, it’s good, if you already are in control of situation.

I personally use it to boost out number advantage for the enemy to get overwhelmed easier. That’s why I often tikes usebit after we get a pick, using it before that kinda never ends too well with my teams.

I sonetimes use it preamptively just to keep myself safe and not die when I’m most needed

1 Like

This exactly ^^ is the most general best usage for it

There’s also situational times to use it like if you’re on a KOTH map or attacking a point and it’s a 3v3 or something or it’s a 3v4 and you know Valking will push the fight into your favor

EXACTLY.

I dunno if it’s just me but being a Battle Mercy during valk is often a necessity in my case, since I find myself losing way too many fights, because the Ana with 140hp left gets completely ignored by my team XD

Think so, since I had enough situations, when even number advantage doesn’t win us fight. Then again, after having teammates losing 4v2 I am not surprised by anything.

1 Like

I usually have to get a cheeky kill and a res off, so my team grows the balls to finally push in

Same sis, I feel you

It’s very situational for me. A lot of time if I pull out the pistol I’m throwing away a lot of my ult’s value, when I could just be chain damage boosting my entire team for teamwide 30% damage increase in output instead.

But also, if a Widow or Ana or Zen is alone in the backline, or a Mercy is low HP and no one else can get to these heroes easily, I will pull out the pistol and kill them and go back to healing as fast as possible.

It’d be super nice if her weapon swap delay wasn’t like 1.7 seconds. It takes like over 3 seconds to swap to pistol and back to staff and that’s without even using the pistol.

Guess I’ll stick to using it for safer pocketing of Pharah then. At least Pharah actually lives with it.

:nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

I think it takes about 1.2s to switch weapons, but anyway.

I am that kind of person who never relies too much on my teammates when it comes to focusing key targets.

I literally had cases where we hooked the enemy Orisa and my team just let her walk backt to her team while anti naded and half hp, I literally had to pistol her down in the last 2s anti effect left, so the Moira doesn:t instantly heal her back to full.

Just sayin’ we won because of that.

1 Like

My usual approach is keeping teammates alive, until they focus key targets.

does this mean you are playing again, Cleo?

last I recall hearing was that you completely stopped playing OW about a year and a half ago

The thing about 60hps is that it enforces her niche of being a pocket healer even more.
Pharmercy is quite the trouble already with 50hps if your dps can’t handle them, what more with Echo right now AND 60hps?
I feel like people who wants the 60hps buff don’t really know what they’re asking for, 60hps will not make that much of a difference in Mercy’s playstyle at all, she’ll still be the same pocket healer only with a tiny bit more healing.

People don’t seem to realize that Mercy’s healing sustain is way beyond the other support’s, she is the only one who can heal through barriers and doesn’t even have to aim just as long as she got to tether at her target - also only detaches when the target is out of sight for 2s which is never a problem because of her high mobility.
This is unrelenting 50hps of healing, something Moira and Ana could never do despite their burst heals.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree that Mercy has much less impact right now, but it’s there, albeit in a passive manner.

I usually just heal them till I think they will survive if I switxh to boist for a few secs.

If I don’t get any results I do things myself and res a fallen ally afterwards.

If there is one thing I am really confident with, it’s my resses. I get about 8-12 resses per match. Many if them mid combat btw, don’t ask me how lmao

More healing means, that you for once can leave your pocket and help someone else. Without pocket immediately dropping to critical state.

I tried, for instance, to leave Pharah alone for a moment to help someone else. Bad idea - she drops to critical health state within 5 s or less.

Since damage boost was turned into non-interactive ability, I used it almost exclusively for initial shots in the fight, hoping that headstart my teammate gets will be sufficient.

1 Like