Anyone Else Miss Zen/Mercy or Mercy/Lucio?

Then how would address pocket duos who even have more healing now?

No it doesn’t. I’ve played Mercy for over 1,000 hours since launch. Current Mercy with 60 HPS was a teamwide main support used in dive alongside Zen. She doesn’t have a defensive ult, using her as a pocket support is already iffy but it’s the only option you have with her because her healing output is so low.

As I said in my post:

The HPS nerf alone pushed her into being a hardcore damage boost pocket bot. She was NOT primarily a pocket bot until the HPS nerf hit, she was main healing in games for the first 3 years of this game’s lifespan. Sure, you could run her as an off healer with Ana to pocket a Pharah, but why do that when you lose out on Lucio beat/speed Zen discord/trans.

If you want Mercy to be a pocket healer/off utility support, that’s fine. But then we need to change her to actually be one. Make Valk do more healing so it’s a defensive-esque ult like Trans and SB. Moira, Ana, Bap all have healing cooldowns in their base kit, Mercy doesn’t. Valk is her only healing “cooldown”. Buff damage boost to be even more utility based by giving it speed buff or something.

Yeah except barriers have been universally nerfed, DM has been nerfed extensively, Moira has gotten multiple resource and HoT buffs, Ana has gotten 4 more ammo + heal through allies + burst heal on nano, and not to mention all Bap, Moira, and Ana have healing cooldown abilities (which Mercy doesn’t) and access to AoE healing. Just something to keep in mind.

They also can all multitask. Mercy can do one thing at a time, whilst Moira can throw a heal orb into the middle of the teamfight to output 300 healing across her teammtes whilst spray her backline Zen and Mcree for 65 HPS to both of them + a HoT. Ana can nade her tanks for 100 instant healing each, nano one of them for like 375 instant healing, sleep an enemy Rein, and then pump out 92.5 HPS singletarget to anyone as long as she doesn’t miss (which isn’t too hard considering the allied hitboxes are larger). Bap can spam 50 HPS nades with a 3m radius every .8 seconds (so essentially has an AoE healing output of 60 HPS, as well as his AoE shift ability for 150 healing to all allies over 3 seconds.

Mercy has 50 single target HPS.

Ryan, as you know I would really like a cleanse for Mercy… what do you think of either putting it together with a new ability (say burst heal + cleanse just as an example) or letting her cleanse in an AoE when she ults?

Yes there have, both in OWL and ladder any week that double shield replaces Rein brawl as the meta it’s Zen Bap almost every game. It happened last week in OWL and like 2 weeks in GM (the week with Ana, Moira, Rein, Reaper gone was Bap Zen or Bap Lucio or Brig Lucio double shield all week).

See above post ^ Bap Zen Bunker has been popular multiple weeks the past season in both OWL and ladder depending on the bans. Now that OWL and ladder bans mirror eachother this will be even more common.

Moira’s addition pushed Mercy back as a main healer not because of the nerf to her healing.
Even if Mercy gets 60hps, Moira will still outheal her primarily because of Moira’s stronger aoe heal.

You’ve said it yourself:

And she’ll still do single target healing with 60hps.

Right now, Mercy’s primary role is to pocket and she’s ridiculously good at it already. If you want to heal more than just one ally then you’re better of using Moira instead of zipping to and fro teammates that effectively reduces heal rate.

Barriers are nerfed but they’re still huge obstacles against Ana and Moira - being blocked by a few seconds of healing is still zero healing.
Also, Valkyrie already solved the issue of being a one target healer so I’m still not convinced that 60hps will do anything major.

However, I do agree that Mercy can do with an additional ability.

Which is fine, but Mercy would be a better main healer in spread out and dive comps, whereas Moira would be better in clumped up brawl or bunker comps. But 50 HPS Mercy can’t main heal in spread out or dive comps.

Yes except higher healing = faster rate of getting people to a livable health range = faster time you can start healing someone else = faster time that person is alive = faster time to start healing someone else etc.

Why do you think the 50 HPS nerf pushed her out of being a main healer whereas the Bap and Moira HPS nerfs didn’t? Because they all have multiple forms of healing in their kit as well as AoE healing. Even though their primary was nerfed they still have healing abilities to compesnate. The HPS nerf doesn’t slow down their gameplay as much.

Mercy’s 20% HPS nerf means it takes 2-4 seconds longer to heal up someone, even longer for tanks. Which means 2-4 seconds before you can start healing someone else. And then that second ally takes 2-4 seconds longer to heal. All of that times adds up over the course of a teamfight, and you’re quite literally lagging behind. With 60 HPS, you heal people up faster and can move on to other teammates faster.

Zen harmony orb is only 30 HPS so you usually just leave it on one person, often a flanker. It’s not really worth rapidly swapping it back and forth on people since it heals such a small amount. Current Mercy is just a living Zen orb. In fact she’s just a living Zen harmony and discord orb in one. It’s more worthwhile to pocket a single DPS on your team as her than try to be the team’s main healer and constantly juggle/heal everyone.

Yet she doesn’t have access to Valk that often. Ana and Moira get their ults much quicker, use them on average more times per game, and their ults last shorter so they can start charging up another one sooner. If you don’t want to buff Mercy’s HPS, then we need to buff her charge so she gets access to Valkyrie, her only form on increased healing and multi target healing, more quickly.

I’d prefer an R ability over a flat HPS buff. Something like this:

Both would be nice. If her E ability was ever replaced with a burst heal/cleanse I’d like it to become an AoE ability during Valkyrie.

1 Like

We really do need a cleanse, and Mercy is such an obvious candidate for it… would give her something that’s more her “own”.

1 Like

Removing rez to put a cleanse in its place would be nice. Would provide the mid-fight potential Mercy lacked before the rework.

Rez is…alright, but having an ability to revert a pick that’s not tied to an ult, just doesn’t fit in how OW matches are to be played. (And no not saying MR should come back, it restricted her play and usage)

In short, I think a Cleanse to replace Rez could be something to help Mercy’s gameplay flow both in kit and just general play.

I love the idea but I just don’t think rez is going anywhere. For one, they keep adding in more and more voicelines related to it for heroes when they get rezzed, and Echo also has two different voice lines she says when she gets rezzed. For another, they added in like four different German voice lines the enemies hears from Mercy when she’s rezzing that are skin-specific to Witch, Winged Victory, Devil, etc. AND Jeff talked about how one of his favorite parts of Echo ult is using it to copy a Mercy and use her long CD rez.

At this point all I can hope for is more healing or to make her an actual off healer by buffing her utility and ult. I was in Salem’s stream yesterday night, he’s a top500 Mercy main with like 1,500 hours on her, and I said how I missed 60 HPS. Surprisingly he said “I actually don’t think it’s a bad thing that Mercy isn’t really a main healer anymore. If you think about it, Bap and Ana and Moira all have more healing than her as well as healing abilities. Mercy has damage boost and rez. I think the Devs should double down on her utility and make her a strong utility support pick, buff Valk to have more healing or give it one instant rez” and honestly it seems like that’s more realistic than them giving her more base HPS, as wild as it seems.

I really miss main healer Mercy, but if we are stuck with off healer Mercy please make her a /good/ off support with good utility.

1 Like

I don’t really want rez removed at all, I’d just like for it to be a bit less… not punishing, because it should be hard, but less reliant on others to cover for you? Or at least more ways for you affect whether the rez is successful or not.

So yeah, I don’t really want cleanse instead of rez, more like in addition to it.

Best solution for that, in my humble opinion, is allow you to use Rez on living allies but at half the CD and with different effects. Can be something like, press E on a living ally to burst heal them for 150 health and cleanse them of all negative debuffs and CC. 15 second CD and 30 m range. Pressing E on a dead soul is normal E rez w 30 second cooldown.

1 Like

TBH I wouldn’t mind seeing it being treated more like how Torb armor packs were.

A mini-ult almost.

I dunno, just the fact that you have something to undo a first pick just bothers me. And now a first pick is pretty much meaningless in the current game.

I mean there was a slight bump… but Zen/Bap every game is quite hyperbolic. They’re both garbage this week with double shield being meta. During the bump that you’re describing with Ana and Moira gone Mercy was picked just as much or a fraction of a percent less than Bap or Zen.

I admit I was wrong about Zen not getting any bump at all, but it was hardly Zen/Bap every game.

Here is Zen:

Here is Mercy:

Honestly she’s been viable in more circumstances than Zen has. I’m also not sure how much stock to hold in the stars alligning for Zen again though, as:

• Double shield was meta
  • His best duo partners (Bap and Mercy) were forced to be meta due to lack of options in Ana or Moira.

Mercy has a similar set of requirements but it seems to happen with a particular DPS being better or Ana becoming worse. Even though they round out to be similar enough in that they’re only viable from bans or other heroes, nobody is suggesting that we buff a core part of Bap or Zen’s kit by 20%. I’m not even suggesting that and I worship Bap - because I think that it’s simply too big of a buff.

Sounds a lot like Invigorate

1.2 to swap, 1.2 to swap back, and however long to do damage. 3 seconds is a generous estimate, it’s probably longer.

At some point you must have figured out that this troll with his emotionless android quirk to make up for his lack of personality is not going to give you a decent answer. Leave him.

1 Like

If only there was some data available that showed us that Mercy with 60hps was used a main healer

Like for example Mercy with 60 hps and Mass rez ult
Mercy with 60hps and several instant rezes
Mercy with her exact current kit but with 60 hps.

But unfortunately we have never had Mercy with 60hps so there is no way we can know for sure that she would be used as a main healer with a 60hps beam…

Are you seriously suggesting to look at data over a year ago at a time where there’s quite less heroes and balance changes to almost everyone?

You’re literally comparing Mercy to the time where we didn’t have burst healing or the amount of balance changes we have now. Of course she’d be a main healer because literally no one else could’ve provide constant healing aside from Ana.

The only new support we had since then is Baptiste. Moira and Brig were already out, in fact Moira of that time healed for 80hps with just her primary and brig had 150 burst heal… Guess what, Mercy was still used as a main healer. So currently when Moiras and Brigs burst healing is actually weaker than when Mercy last had 60hps? You bet she would be a main healer.