Anyone can reset thier SR to 2350sr by purchasing a new account

I think new accounts should start some where around the bottom 33% of the player base. Not right in the middle.

3 Likes

Its really strange they never released an official stat reset for $$$.

1 Like

People donā€™t start in the middle because of some mechanism forcing them there. People start in the middle becauseā€¦wait for itā€¦the middle is average and most people are average.

Iā€™ve placed a new account in master and Iā€™ve placed a new account in bronze.

2 Likes

Iā€™m talking about the very first game of competitive that you play. Itā€™s good that the system moves you so quickly. so Iā€™ll say that much

this is incorrect.

the middle 10%ā€¦wait for itā€¦ does not contain the most people.

if you naturally hover around 2350sr, you will have the most ā€œunrankedā€ ā€œunknownā€ players out of any other chuck of the population

1 Like

You didnā€™t think this through. People play, learn, and then develop to an average player.

New players donā€™t start out fresh as an average player.

1 Like

Do you think a brand new player is likely going to be average, in a game that has been out 3+ years? Youā€™re telling someone whoā€™s at 1000sr that theyā€™re lightyears worse than brand new wet baby random.

This. It shows they donā€™t care how to math, and by reasonable extension, anything that is founded on math - like matchmaking, ranking, balancing.

if a person is hard stuck 1600 they can always create a new account, get it to level 25 and boom, they have a new SR of 2450

this is sub-optimal

I see you havenā€™t heard of a normal distribution / bell curve.

ā€¦and then boom, wait for itā€¦ theyā€™ll fall back to 1600 because they spend all of their time using statistics they donā€™t understand to make nonsensical arguments instead of improving themselves and climbing as a side effect.

2 Likes

I like how you glanced over all the games in between

? I didnā€™t glance at any games. Are you trying to use words you donā€™t understand again?

I think my friend request is still pending, could you check for me?

Smurfing should be discouraged, not encouraged.

The absolute worst thing Blizzard ever did with Overwatch was allow players to buy/have more than one account.

1 Like

you canā€™t stop people from loosing games on purpose

No, but you can report them to help ensure they get the suspension they deserve.

You canā€™t stop people from trying to escape prison, so we might as well give all the prisoners keys to the place.

*losing

I dont think you understood the OP. New accounts starts around 2350, first placement game. All of them, but he want it lower. A lot of people is placed way higher than they belong and its confusing for them.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s true. OP made a thread not long ago where he tried to find 5 people who were 999 SR higher than him in order to boost him.

I see you parrot random stuff you have no idea about.

That chart is trash because it samples some open profiles which in turn are a small ā€˜more keen and honestā€™ biased subset of the actual ladder. The actual ladder is a cesspool of private alt accounts and most of those infect the left-side ranks.

Its lognormal now, strongly right-skewed because of low ranks smurfing. According to that site, 1800 is bottom 8%, and 4000 is top 16%. Thats just plain wrong. 2 out of 10 accounts is not >3800. All of bronze isnā€™t 2%.

The top 10% is 4300!? Isnā€™t that well within Top500? If T500 is 10% of the population, youā€™d have a total active base of 5000. Ridiculous. It is purported that there are well over 100k active acounts in comp.

2 Likes

Sources, please. Otherwise Iā€™m going to have to say that youā€™re just parroting random stuff you have no idea about.

yes, but how can you tell for sure? no one has time to go and look at replays of every game they think had a throwers.

and itā€™s really easy to derank without be suspicious, just miss every shot by 1 inch lol

did you know itā€™s not a crime to attempt to escape prison in Germany

yeah, so if your very fist competitive game is at 2450sr bracket, and 80% of those accounts that play their first game, lose their first game, then the spot where people enter in the bracket should be lowered.

itā€™s not fair to make the people who have well established accounts and are also at 2450, itā€™s not fair to make those people play against all the new accounts