Any Update on Symmetra? (MEGATHREAD)

Here’s hoping they give what the vast majority of the Symmetra players want, and give her more supportive viability.

15 Likes

That and atleast 1 healing ability. I wouldn’t mind a healing ability similar to Brigette that provides shields if the teammate is at full health.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Symmetra shouldn’t be considered a Support hero anymore and shouldn’t be given healing abilities. According to Symmetra’s lore, and more specifically, according to the Overwatch comic about Symmetra, ​"A Better World," Symmetra should be a builder.

10 Likes

Please for the love of God let it be supportive.

And she absolutely does not need healing. She would be more than viable if they buffed her shields.

15 Likes

Symmetra isn’t even considered as a support hero. Out of all the YouTube videos that talk about support heroes and/or healers, Symmetra is ALWAYS left out.

2 Likes

We’re still in brainstorm and exploration mode with Symmetra. She’s going to take some time. We want to try a few directions but none of it is quick and easy. We do care about improving the hero and talk about her frequently.

145 Likes

Any news on Torbjorn?

7 Likes

Could you potentially provide an area you feel she is very lacking in?

5 Likes

Show basically you’ve had over a year to think and have came up with nothing? Gotcha

17 Likes

Don’t be rude, do you think they just sit there in the office and think exclusively about one hero?

32 Likes

The youtubers are having heart attacks as we speak with all these Jeff responses

8 Likes

What direction would you want her to go? What role do you want her to fill?

4 Likes
  • Max sentry count reduced to 3.
  • Sentry range increased by 300%.
  • Sentrys now have 45 shield and 5 health.
  • Allies may now see if it engages with an enemy.
  • Barrier size increased by 15%.
  • Barrier now floats in place; Pressing the ability again will cause it to surge forward.

All I got atm.

Edit: 300% increase is likey too much, and/or the hp/shield is likely too much.

I dno how this would work out exactly, but the idea is to let her support her team through recon.

Also, I refrained from saying her sentrys heal…even though I’d really like that.

Edit2: Someone said they love the car wash too much to take it away, and my response was:

Give her two types of sentrys: the one I’m suggesting here, and her old one, except these new ones will count as being 2 sentries.

Naturally, giving her 3 types of sentry and having one type heal would be too much…but if we did get it, just make it take up 3 sentry slots or something. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

They’ve had plenty of time, plus over 5000 posts of ideas, and they’ve done nothing? That’s just laziness on their end

9 Likes

So the opposite of what you did to Mercy. Ok, lets hope Symmetra doesnt become op for 6 months and then gets nerfed in to a completely unfun hero.

21 Likes

I know right. I can already hear the “Ladies and gentlemen” echos from the 30 minute stylosa video already.

3 Likes

As someone who loves playing the hero, please tell me you plan on keeping the functionality of her primary fire.

3 Likes

No, 6 sentries. DO NOT TOUCH THE CARWASH!!!DO NOT TOUCH MY PRECIOSE CARWASH!! UAPIDUBADUPWNEPANDASDIWORARWWADWAWD!!!

starts foaming at the mouth

17 Likes

I’m really curious what they come up with. I wonder if she’ll be the same super controversial pick lol. I wonder if Sym onetricks will be given a bit more leniency afterwards (not that I’d endorse any onetricking).

2 Likes

I’m excited to see what changes there will be for her. I hope she will be able to build more useful things besides the turrets

2 Likes