ANY Speculation on Re-install Patch?

It was announced earlier this week that overwatch would soon need a whole new re-install due to high density patches.

I am planning on getting back in the game soon but I don’t want to have to install then do another another install.

1 Like

They want to integrate the viewer (replay system) into the main game and not as a separate tool. It’s definitely that as that would literally require you to reinstall the game.

1 Like

Looks like it’s just a spring cleaning for their file system and clearing out some bugs. But it should make it easier to add future content and increase performance.

1 Like

Its a major bugfix and optimization update. For example, after the patch starting the game takes less time and memory.

1 Like

To be honest, I think it’s just another OWL thing. They wanna add in the replay system as everyone has been saying.

I doubt we’ll be getting anything substantial, if at all, in terms of bug fixes and optimization.

1 Like

Makes me wonder if I had cleaned computer (OW not installed at all), would it jump straight into the needed game installation and ignore the previous. It just might be a good time to re-image my PC for a quick clean up. :thinking:

that’s not an owl thing, this has been requested ever since competitive mode was introduced.

1 Like

Oh joy…it better not reset all of our in game settings.

1 Like

Reading a news articule, if you have the PTR installed on your PC, expect a significantly smaller update.

Two guesses.

One: They’re deleting everyone memories of mass rez so mercy mains will stop crying about it.
Two: They’re deleting Brig.

In both cases, I’m very supportive :wink: