Any ideas for new LGBT heroes?

Last time we got one was in 2019 with 76. I love him don’t get me wrong, but it’s been a while. Blizzard said they’d have multiple LGBT heroes and not just a couple so I’m wondering when the next rainbow ranger is gonna drop.
I have my bets on trans dude Genji or bisexual Sombra tbh, iirc Pharah’s voice actor said she saw her as a lesbian as well

4 Likes

Ngl, I’m not excepting for much since Blizzard seems to flaunt LGBT heroes only when it’s convenient for them a.k.a earns them positive press while at the same time they happily cencor this content for markets which don’t approve it (China, Russia). I wouldn’t be surprised if they never again even bothered to mention S:76 being gay because of being afraid of offending big markets like China. And that’s a ****** shame because I thought S:76 was a great character to upturn some of the most common cliches. Like, yeah, gay people can be masculine as well instead of that being restricted for your typical straight manly man stereotypes only.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but, well, this is kind of how big corporations operate.

3 Likes

“Multiple” means more than 1. 2 is more than 1.

2 Likes

I usually hear multiple being referred to as 4 or more generally but that might just be me. I’d like to stay optimistic about future representation anyway

Pharah is probably the safest bet imo. Shes the most queer-coded and her voiceactor says Pharah is a lesbian as well. Most fans of Pharah are lesbians and we are drawn to her because we see ourselves in her. I hope this happens.

3 Likes

I used to think either 76 or Reaper. Now that 76’s been revealed I don’t know. I kind of expect them to be content with one gay female and one gay male and ignore other LGBT.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping they’ll mention it in the Overwatch 2 campaign. That’d show Blizzard really having some balls.

2 Likes

Mercy gives off bi vibes (but I don’t see her dating any of the heroes).

I want Zarya to have a boyfriend, but he’s on the slender side with a slightly feminine face and has a warm, loving personality.

Personally, I want a male twink version of Moira (black hair, but sharp facial features) as a hero. He would have a masculine voice and is serious like Sojourn/Hanzo but playful like Sombra sometimes. Obviously they will be on team talon.

Next, I want a low-key trans character. Absolutely no stereotypes, and has an interesting backstory that just makes you reflect upon things.

2 Likes

Blizzard will reveal that you, the player, were gay all along.

5 Likes

She’s already implied to be in a relationship with Genji.

With Chu gone, it can go back to being interpreted as a platonic relationship. Writing team’s choice.

Think of all of those sickening valentine lines that will get yeeted MUAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

It could. But so far it hasn’t, and those voice lines and interactions remain canon.

Of course…With a lovely platonic interpretation.

:wink:

1 Like

it would be interesting to introduce a transgender character. it would not even be a problem for some stricter countries on the subject because it is often the translation or national dubbing that omits the original information. an example? From me in Italy, according to the dubbing Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are “inseparable friends” rather than lovers. (:man_facepalming:)

in the OW cookbook her boyfriend is mentioned in the section dedicated to s76. I would say that not if they are not committing themselves to remarking it every day as someone hope, they are not even denying it as a canon, don’t you think?

also because I think that the worst misunderstanding of this lore on s76 concerns a much more melancholy love story in its epilogue than the soothing one of tracer and emily. on the contrary, I would say that they treated Emily much worse because, despite being much quoted, did not give her a more interesting narrative in london calling. what does she do? what does she like to do? ok that in terms of the game is not important but the multiple appearance of her without additional details makes her even less interesting than the mechanic in Junkertown (see Roadhog comic). even brigitte in her very first appearance in the reinhardt comic seemed much more interesting in her skills and charisma , even though she wasn’t originally intended as a hero.

In the original English dub, they were made cousins - but kept all their flirty banter.

1 Like

I could care less about a character sexual preference that shouldn’t be the focus on the story or lore if a character is gay or trans or whatever that’s fine but don’t rub it in people’s faces

2 Likes

Oh where is this implied?

They have voice lines about exchanging chocolates for valentine’s/white day, and they have a lot of banter during Storm Rising about how much they like each other.

I love the term rainbow ranger :joy::joy::joy::joy:

honestly i always saw their relationship and interactions as a platonic thing but that might just be me