Anti-armor weaponry - Why Torbjörn?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m stoked to see a gun that does additional damage specifically against armor, but don’t you guys feel like it would have fit better on another hero?

I suppose in the lore, Torb, as an expert engineer/armorer, would know the best way to fight against armor, but…

I wish Reaper or Sombra could bypass/weaken armor.

Armor is supposed to be a counter to Reaper so I’m not for giving him a bonus against it.

As it is, a headshot from reaper will deal 180 damage against an armored hero. Which tends to be enough.

I kinda see your point, but Reaper is also supposed to be the “tank buster”. I’m just rambling

This is just another Brig snowball effect. Brig introduced a ton of armor to the game that no one wanted so now they have to compensate by removing Torbs armor packs and give him anti-armor tech. Thanks Brig.

You will want to check out this thread:

From my understanding, Torb creates weapons, while Brig is more focused on armor and protection. In both of the comics that feature Torb, he’s using the turrets offensively, instead of how he plays in-game. I think Blizzard has made the new changes to fit more with this idea of a “weapon designer.”

Because torb is useless. Reaper is still heavily played and Sombra is meta in OWL.

Even from lore standpoint Torb makes more sense to do these things.

Because it makes sense?

It makes a lot of sense on Torbjorn, he’s now a double threat vs traditional Dive and GOATS since he has the turret to track flankers and position out of reach vs deathballs, Overload to survive the dive or break shields and Molten Core to roast armoured deathballs on point.

He works quite well at addressing the meta right now.

Heroes that, conceptually or through necessity, should be able to bypass armor like Torb can:

D.Va: Her whole squad is designed to attack a massive armored Omnic kaiju

Reaper: I don’t even have to give a reason. This should have been his day 1 specialty.

Lucio: Mayyybe conceptually. I would expect sonics to weaken armor.

Moira: Probably. Her biotics attack the stuff inside the armor.