Answer me this guys

A.

Enough with the unfinished releases like most triple A titles these days.

2 Likes

My feelings on this is they wouldn’t need a delay if they didn’t announce the game so early. Add to that it’s just one excuse after another really. Sure they are legitimate excues to a degree but constantly pushing things back and denying content to your games from a multi million dollar company points to bad management.

They are either not putting in a proper budget for such work, hiring incompetent staff or some other reason to get nearly no results for 4 years of development. Mean while they also totally abandon their other projects like Overwatch to “fully focus” on this game that is seemingly got years to go.

No I don’t want a rushed and buggy mess but just remember just because a game is delayed doesn’t mean it has to be good. Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed about a year and was still trash when it came out and far as I know still trash now as the company basically abandoned updating it.

Are not they like…balancing their heroes and whole game for fifth year now?
It would not make a big difference to have OW2 now :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

i feel like they should release what they have on a separate game mode (like experimental). that way, we get new content, and they get player feedback from more than just owl players. win-win.

gagging, throwing up, crying, sobbing, dying, tears running down my face, breaking down, mentally breaking down, screaming, howling, shaking, hyperventilating, laughing

2 Likes

MP games are never balanced on release, it’s silly to expect that. I just hope the actual workers won’t be crunched, abused and underpaid.

2 Likes

I think something people are forgetting is that they have working clients of OW2. They’ve used them for the showcases several times now. There’s a number of reasons why they can’t just flip a switch and hand it over to the players, but it’s also not completely out of their ability to pursue that.

A.

Why would I want an unfinished game? Will just be Cyberpunk all over again.

I can always just play other games in the meantime.

1 Like

Blizzard balances their heroes? :thinking:

I’m skeptical even at that – they were shown in controlled play tests where the players probably had a contract of what they could and could not say.

A*

Have Overwatch 2 be allowed to develop, but also allow and or give the Devs what they need, whether that is more staff or just more time in order to also develop content for the Live game. While OW2 is developed in the background.

Like it should’ve been done in the first place. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Cyberpunk 2077 wants to have a word with you.

I always have to wonder in these threads how many people referencing Cyberpunk 2077 ACTUALLY played the game.

I played it on release, on a modern PC, and encountered one bug that didn’t allow me to finish a side mission all the way to completing the game.

Their major mistake was releasing it on old gen consoles that couldn’t handle it – the game itself was one of the most immersive story games I’ve played. So tired of people crapping on it.

2 Likes

We really don’t need positivity. We just need to be realistic and critical. There’s absolutely no need to blindly kiss Blizzard’s feet for giving us literally nothing.

3 Likes

I’m fine with waiting for the game to be finished and all, but having Experimental host a prototype 5v5 would be cool. Like how WoW got pre-expansion patches where you could muck around with the various changes, but the new zones/classes/races were still off-limits.

OW2 shouldn’t be a thing to begin with since it is not even build from the ground up. Nothing stops them from releasing all that content to OW1.

Holding back all of the content makes no sense other than getting more money.

I played it on a modern PC, with more than acceptable specs, and the bugs were just the tip of the iceberg.

The police being a massive glaring issue, they were somehow worse than the police in GTA3 back in 1999.

Crap spawning randomly, popping out randomly, weird scripting everywhere, missing half the features shown in the fake presentation, floating and t-posing everywhere.

Sure, the game was beautiful, but look a little past the veneer, and everything was absolutely jank.

Do we know this? We haven’t seen most of the new maps and we’ve only even heard of one new hero. Its also a safe bet they’re still reworking other heroes like Orisa or Moira, hence why not all heroes were even available in the most recent showcase with the pro’s. For all we know things are far from finished, hence why they need more time in the first place.

Either way its best to give them time. I’d rather have a game done right than one that just seems like a poor attempt at a money grab just because people got impatient.

I’d rather have a finely tuned game right now.

Assuming balancing is there only major concern left, then B. The game has never been balanced anyway.