Another Your Overwatch hot take

ah yes your overwatch, the same clowns who predicted map metas 3 or 4 years ago

That was one of the arguing points. As well as support players are used to getting carried, used to having the easiest time out of all the roles, used to having the protection of both tanks while spamming heals “generically,” etc.

I don’t take any of it personally, because I know I have my own perspective on the role.

The logic being because you played a Support you must be a Beta and therefore your only role is to support the Genji OTP “Chad” who can’t get out of Plat :roll_eyes:

Devs already said twice now that it’s clear supports are underperforming in beta and they’re planning changes so I wouldn’t get too worried

1 Like

Well, yes, do you think that should shift to Tank or DPS? Supports are pretty much the #1 priority kill in all games, they support the team and keep it alive. Without sustain the team crumbles. I’m not sure if anything (besides making Supports absurdly difficult to kill or making another role too easy to kill) would make them not the priority kill

Well I mean… that’s the nature of playing support. You play the most valuable role that keeps the team alive, so you have to die first. I think it’s fun having a bullseye on my back, but then again that’s why I main Brig.

Like I said… I think you & others are being too quick to say “lets start buffing supports until queue times are more even!”

Not to mention the repercussions of that passive, Lucio would feel like he’s never dead, other supports would say “wow they let us respawn faster so we can die more often!” leading to more sour feelings if they feel like they can’t defend themselves already, and those are just the immediate issues I thought of

1 Like

Maybe, but that can always be scaled back later.

That said, here’s a draft of some current ideas

Support Passive

Triage:

• Support heroes respawn immediately after the kill-cam finishes.

Baptiste

Biotic Launcher

• Healing Grenade projectile speed increased 20%
  • Can detonate healing grenades midair by shooting them (grenades must travel at least 5m distance before this works
  • Can detonate healing grenades midair with the FUNCTION button
  • Increased horizontal movement speed for low power jumps

Mercy

Angelic Blessing

• E Rez can be used on a living teammate to provide an extra 10% of maximum health heal speed from mercy for 6 seconds, provided by a runic circle on the ground that follows the teammate. (Does not with on airborne teammates)

Zenyatta

Discord

• Affected enemies deal 10% less damage to Zenyatta (Not sure if this is needed but whatever)

Ana

Biotic Grenade

• 4sec duration. Does 50% antiheal to enemies.
  • 50% heal boost to friendlies. Affected enemies deal
  • 50% less damage to Ana.
  • 10sec cooldown, down from 15sec

SleepDart

• 0.2sec minimum duration, down from 1.5sec
  • 5sec maximum duration
1 Like

I think the best idea is to see what giving supports a shiny new toy will do before any of that, as well as seeing what the devs have already announced as refreshed/reworked/new abilities. I’m enjoying Zen’s new snap kick

Sounds imbalanced to me.

1 Like

Discord, Speed Boost, Sleep Dart, Anti-Nade, IMMORTALITY FIELD, Rez, Damage Boost, Repair Pack, Nano-Boost, Window, Valk, Beat, Rally, Transcendence

EXIST

OP:

1 Like

…. And They are all abilities that are either exponentially more effective when used with your team than you will ever get by yourself (discord, speed, rally etc) or they fully rely on a teammate to even use to begin with (rez, dmg boost, repair pack) :joy::joy::joy:

further proving my point. Supports are mostly designed to be team reliant and their abilities rely on their teammates to use effectively. They have little to no abilities that allow them to do stuff by themselves. Which is the issue. Supports have no way to carry games without relying on their team.

I removed anas 2 abilities from your list because they truly are 2 of the only support abilities that you can use yourself in a fight. With the benefit they help your team as well. You dont need to rely on a teammate to hit a nade or a sleep. You can do it yourself and it has an impact. You feel like you did something. Throwing an orb that does <100 damage and bounces into the atmosphere or pressing a button to heal yourself for 150 hp and thats all it does, are NOT impactful abilities. They dont carry games, they dont win games. They need to be changed

3 Likes

My favourite part is how it seems the only support they show having agency is Ana…hmmm…

What does that mean? Those are buzz words that mean nothing and anyone can throw in the air.

What is impact? :

• Being able to make someone immortal?
  • Being able to to DPS as much as a DPS AND also heal?
  • Being able to survive anything?

What is agency? :

• Being able to be in the frontline calling out the shots?
  • Being an Opener just as much as DPS and Tanks can?

What is “the ability to carry” ?

• Being able to have an ultimate that WIPES teams?
  • Being able to kill anything if you “focus” your CDs on it?

What do you mean dude?

1 Like

Stop watching their videos, they cater to 1 group of people.

3 Likes

Only Ana is allowed, while being so busted she makes most of the tank roster unplayable

Have you seen the forums mate? Its pretty much focus on only 1 group of people.
Is the video right? … Not really.
Is the video wrong? … absolutely not.

Things are not black or white and denying that there is truth in that video is denying reality :man_shrugging:

When did I deny truth in the video?

I didn’t watch the video, nor am I interested in the video. I based my response here on the OP.

Sorry I’m actually one of the few people who don’t religiously sit watching 10+ minute videos of someone telling someone their opinion on something. Actually I don’t watch youtube at all unless it’s for a Nintendo Direct or to have a look at whats inside a pokemon product I’m interested in.

At least on the forums when someone gives your opinion you can read it in like 30 secs and actually have your say too and also have a good laugh at some of the bizarre stuff some people say on here.

Damn you just exposed yourself, ok :+1:
So the thread is about a video and what is expressed on it and you just threw a comment about that WITHOUT seeing the video, nice.

Well mate, Im sorry some people are biased but if we are going to critizise X and want our “critique” to be taken seriously (like your advice about them being biased), watching the actual content is required.

Oh we are laughing at some bizarre stuff some people are saying here, for sure.
That works for sure :+1:

Lucio and Moira are the only heros that are properly designed for this new 5v5.
They can heal and still duel or disengage. I’m not sure about the zen rework as I don’t play him
Mercy and Bap feel odd now and Ana is high value in skilled players only.
Ana is gonna be a disaster pick in lower ranks that can’t hit the shots, even easier than diving zen.

Your Overwatch pulls their opinions from their individual player experience instead of looking objectively and comparing the experience across other heros.
Any hero can be played with value and successfully but they fail to point out flaws.
Their junkrat review failed to acknowledge that junkrat was even nerfed. I don’t care what his experience playing was. The hero had significant nerfs on a character that wasn’t even meta or an appreciated pick.
It’s like overwatch Devs spoon feed them opinions.

I didn’t expose myself, at all. Fanboy annoyed that I said to not watch the videos if they cater to 1 group.

edit: ok I watched the video on x2 speed, he is clearly just talking to the support players who don’t know how to play + my opinion still counts that nobody should watch it as it caters to 1 group, all he did was talk trash and call supports no skill in 90% of that video.

LOL so you made me waste my time on a video where the OP explained it clearly, thanks.

Also the whole video is invalid as supports are getting changes for the next beta, so like who cares about that honestly. We been known since the beta came out that the supports didn’t get their changes yet lol.

Also the Moira part is HILARIOUS!!
“Moira has taken a lot of flak over the years, but the truth is we better get a bit used to that just on every support apart from mercy”
Ironic when he was ONE of the CC who advocated against her, now he’s telling ppl to “JUST GET USED TO IT BRUH” :sunglasses: :clown_face:

2 Likes

I’m mainly a support player and for the 1000000th times : Supports are not bad on the beta (since they’re no different that on OW1 to begin with :man_shrugging:).

What most people don’t like about PVP 2.0 is that Overwatch doesn’t feel the same when it comes to strategy and team synergy (that was already weakened by RQ in 2019).

Going from 6 V 6 to 5 V 5 has a great impact on the essence of Overwatch in terms of tactics and game design.

Most of us support players don’t mind the 5 V 5 (despite being it deatchmatchy hence less fun as the game lost its originality) but people that call support players “bad” don’t get it that in order to have a fun and new experience on PVP 2.0, the game needs 60-70 % of reworks in every aspect (game modes, hero abilities, maps etc…).

Not having fun on the beta doesn’t have anything to do with how many games we’ve won or lost. As a matter of fact, I won most of my games ever since I got the access to the beta : still doesn’t make it fun. I wish to play something new, not something that is a sort of mix of many games that all look and feel the same.

You can’t recycle a game mechanics that were meant for a 6 V 6 with combos and make it a deathmatchy 5 V 5 game. It doesn’t work like that and usually fails. This reminds me of me when I was lazy for a school essay and would simply copy-paste what I’ve done on a previous one with a few modifications. It can sometimes fool the teacher / professor but you still don’t feel great in terms of accomplishment (and you don’t learn anything).

If the OW team wants their game to thrive again, efforts must be into it. We’re no fools. I bet they’re not even proud of what they’ve delivered on the Beta. It just transpires as such.