Another interview with Jeff Kaplan

4 Likes

Oh what? this is so old why are we just now talking about it?

It’s using an old interview because there is no new material of such lengthy significance published by the devs on the state of Mercy since then. The best we got in recent memory was a brief “Mercy is fine” message saying they have no plans to change her further, not too long before this recent nerf to her healing on the PTR was announced.

The community deserves more from the devs on this topic.

4 Likes

Just now heard about it

Sure, a new update from them on the mercy situation would be good, using old information and just being condescending to everything they said is not helping. No wonder why they dont want to deal with the mercy community and are afraid of the backlash from anything they say. Ask for a response from them, complain about every word they say.

3 Likes

It comes across like a spoiled teenager basically saying “whatever” to anything that is even slightly mentioned honestly…

Kinda ruins any point she might’ve brought up

3 Likes

It’s a hero in their video game, being ignorant is not something they can do. You can, but their JOB is to make a video game and balance it.

I couldn’t get passed the first 20 seconds. Being pedantic and snarky will never get you what you want, unless what you want is to be hated.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if the video wasn’t made for you

And they are trying to further balance it, hence the further nerfs. But a very vocal minority here wants to complain about mercy changes that are not a revert. As you said, its a hero in THEIR video game, they are not being ignorant, just making changes THEY think are best.

3 Likes

So basically any opinion on the forums that goes against the mob?

2 Likes

Yes the Mercy Mega threads with over 100k replies and 9th version (which is now permanently locked) is definitely the minority.

5 Likes

We’ve mostly gotten over the revert.

we want a rework.

you’d know this if you’ve read any mercy threads as of late.

1 Like

When it has hundreds/thousands of posts from the same few people, yea it is a minority, especially when compared to the playerbase as a whole, and how few actually go on the forums. In the mercy echo chamber it looks like a lot of people.

3 Likes

I mean she’s not exactly wrong, is she?

The Mercy rework has been a miserable failure and thus those working on it are miserable failures in regard to it.

1 Like

“the same few people” THAT’S a joke. Go thru every thread and count out how many different accounts there are.

I mean, that’s pretty blatantly not true.

Not to mention a lot of y’all just take rework to mean “full revert except with an E” as if they’re any more likely to do that.

My favorite part about the interview that will get glossed over on here (and often does) was

“has. I think all of the feedback is valuable. It’s how you process the feedback. I think solely focusing on forum feedback is not the correct avenue. In general, the forums for example — if people agree with something or think something is well-balanced or super fun, they don’t make a forum post about that. They’re in the game playing. They tend to make forum posts about things they disagree with”

I swear people come on here and think that what they see on here IS how everyone feels about a subject…when that actually couldn’t be any further from the truth

2 Likes

Why on earth would I waste my time doing that. Just a bunch of people spamming the same ideas over and over.

She literally pointed that out, keep being oblivious.

Blissful ignorance