Another Bronze Bug?

Is there another Bronze rank bug? Sometime during the middle of season 3 I suddenly went from (support queue) gold 3, to silver 3, to bronze 3 within two rank adjustments. The start of this season, I’m in bronze 5. I win 5 matches, lose 2. Still bronze 5. I win another 5 matches, loose another 2. Again, still bronze 5. I’ve been able to rank up to gold every season without much trouble, but now it seems I’m forced to be in bronze 5…

14 Likes

Mines is doing that too

5 Likes

Same my mate has the same bug as you, he is hard-stuck B5 and he can perform crazy well still B5 after a new rank up, for him nothing changes and I keep going up the ladder. It’s just frustrating and no fun!

6 Likes

I also have this bug, I have won my 5 games 2 or 3 times now, my average game rank has beeen silver 3-1 so I don’t understand how I would still be bronze 5. I have even won the majority of my placement matches (w5 l2). Very aggrivating.

5 Likes

It’s happening to my friends, went from bronze 5 to bronze 1, won 10 games twice and did not rank up. When S4 started, it started him back down at bronze 4. We are on Xbox.

4 Likes

At the start of season 4 it brought me from Bronze 3 to Bronze 4 for both DPS and Support. I have now reranked for both Supp and DPS, each with 5 wins 2 losses, and it deranked me to bronze 5 saying “You are at the minimum value for this rank” on the screen. I did so much work to climb out of Bronze 5 because of this bug in season 1, and it seems like i’ve been thrown back to what is effectively 0 SR. It made me quit the game in Season 2, considering quitting again because of this awful ranking system.

4 Likes

Same here it doesn’t let me rank up from bronze 5 and I’m not able to play dps with my friends because they rank up and I stay the same man!!

2 Likes

Tengo ese mismo error… conseguí llegar platino como healer y de repente solo bajadas de rango aun ganando las 5 partidas seguidas… hoy conseguí ser bronce 4 (todo un logro)… gané 5 partidas seguidas y de vuelta a bronce 5 jajaj
Es frustrante y una ptada si juegas con amigos, porque al tener un rango tan bajo les obliga a usar funciones que no quieren porque hay mucha diferencia de clasificación… si alguien sabe como solucionar esto, por favor, que nos diga antes de que acabemos borrando el juego :slight_smile:

1 Like

This happen too in silver and gold, i played 5 match, won all the matches and i was stuck in same rank, tried again, and same happened. For this reason SR values would be interesting instead only display which rank we are in.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I was Silver 4 at the end of Season 3, but then Season 4 hit and now I’m Bronze 3??? Also, I did my competitive rankings update because Blizzard said that it should put me back to Silver… And then I went down to Bronze 5? After I won more games than I lost??? Come on, Blizzard… This makes me want to quit the game with all these ranked issues and bugs.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this Bronze 5 Minimum Value bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

2 Likes

Absolutely happening to me. Won 5, lost 3 yesterday. Won 5, lost 3 today. Won 5 lost 2 today. Started at bronze 5, still bronze 5. Not a single rank-up in any of the three attempts. My duo partner started at Silver 1 went to gold 5 in the last set of ranked wins. I did the first two sets alone. This has been happening to me all of season 3 and now it seems Season 4 is going to be the same. I guess I have no reason to keep playing it.

And before the obligatory, “Just get better 4head” comments… I’m constantly being accused of being a smurf. I’m not saying I’m a plat stuck in a bronze lobby. But I’m certainly not a bronze stuck in a bronze lobby.

UPDATE: I just went 5 wins, 7 losses and ranked up to Bronze 4.

1 Like

The worst deranks I received were 2 divisions, so gold 3 → bronze 3 in two adjustments seem wrong

1 Like

same here, I’ve been dealing with that in the season 3 and now 4.

1 Like

2 more rank adjustments. Still in bronze 5. I think i lost 3 in one adjustment and 4 in the other. I just got a message for the last adjustment saying I rank higher than 95% of players in this division lol Do I have to rank 99 or 100% higher to get into bronze 4?

1 Like

I am having the same exact problem, I was ranked bronze 4 for damage, I won 5 ranked games in a row, 0 losses and when I expect to be moved up to at least silver 4, I get ranked down to bronze 5. WTF Blizzard? How can making a ranked mode be so difficult for you?

1 Like

oh my god it finally moved me up. To bronze 4…after 5 adjustments

2 Likes

Hello, I have this bug too u think we need 5 adjustement for resolve this problem ? (i have 3 atm)

1 Like

Played some more, managed to get up to bronze 2, then it puts me on a small losing streak, and I’m back down to bronze 5 with the message You are the minimum value for this rank. I do two more adjustments, losing 3 or 4 each. I get the same message, and then you are higher than 3% of players in this division. How did I go from being higher than 98% from before in bronze 5 to now 3%? I noticed it likes putting me on a losing streak after getting matched up against a smurf too. A guy in bronze 5 getting 30+ elim headshots in the first round lol

3 Likes

Same thing is happening to me! I started the new season bronze 3 (support role queue) and i go 5-2 , 5-3 and i either stay the same or go down. I can’t seem to climb out of it no matter what.

1 Like