And so ends stage 3, 2-2-2 incoming

6 Likes

People expecting balance to magically get fixed while Iā€™m here almost certain that thereā€™s no way weā€™ll move away from flavor of the month(s) because even the smaller advantage will always be exploited.

Iā€™m not a fan of hero bans, but it would literally do a lot more for balance than 2-2-2 ever could.

1 Like

Some people may believe it. I know it will not be magically fixed, but balancing will be a lot easier and matches will be more fun (at least for tank and sup mains)
Edit: Bans would help a lot too, especially against broken comps/heroes/balance changes

1 Like

222 role lock is about the playstyle the playerbase have evolved to. I donā€™t know, I donā€™t have the numbers. People wanna play the role they like/want to (most cases DPS) while having other players in the team playing other roles. They donā€™t wanna just fill/be forced to flex/play other roles just because nobody in the team wants to (thatā€™s why we are getting mostly heavy DPS comps around). I guess that this type of playstyle has increased in overwatch to a point that 222 role lock got debated by the devs.
Unless people donā€™t mind heavy DPS comps, 222 role lock would help to improve this playstyle (you get to play what you want, so do your teammates, and all roles are guaranteed to be present in your team). Not stacking roles, separate SR for matchmaking and easier balance will be possible good consequences to this new systemā€¦

2 Likes

Oh my god, Iā€™m excited.

I donā€™t know, I spend most of my matches playing support and tank and I find bad 2-2-2s way more frustrating than any 3-2-1 or 4-1-1 comp, and the latter ones barely happen compared to the first (at least from my experience).

But Hero of the Storm isā€¦ and they had to revamp Role Queue after the first iterationā€¦ because of hybrid classess

1 Like

With Bunker being meta, they shouldnā€™t. A lot of players have 2-2-2 ingrained in their heads and throw when the team doesnā€™t go 2-2-2, even when a 2-2-2 comp can be suboptimal.

I guess 321 shouldnā€™t be a problem in the game, but people donā€™t like solo healing or solo tankingā€¦ itā€™s easy to be focused down, specially in solo queue, in which people donā€™t care about or donā€™t coordinate to protect the solo support or tankā€¦

If 2-2-2(Competitive) doesnā€™t come than they got to at least limit to 3 which is still borderline dangerous because you really canā€™t balance Tanks or hell Supports effectively without an potential problem.

Imagine double tank and solo support for comp. Supports need to be buffed hard.

So double support would kill quickplay unless they implement role lock into quick

I mean QP is already an messy mode. So in the end does it matter. The game mode QP shouldnā€™t have any factor that will benefit Competitive mode.

Maybe in a 321 scenario they could just let
Or 3 tank 2 supports 1 DPS
Or 3 DPS 2 supports 1 Tank
Or 3 Supports 2 DPS 1 Tank
Always have 2 supports, and in case of 3 supports just 1 Tank.

How much do we need to buff Zen heal so he is viable as solo support?
Tracer with boosted harmony orb will be terrifying

Thatā€™s an potential problem that could occur. Which makes this 2-2-2 subject more interesting than what currently people think.

By which path they take Overwatch next.

The problem is we have off tanks and off supports, itā€™s not possible to buff them to main supports and tanks without rework.

Which makes balancing an major key issue still which will probably be not solved as easy. By the way are you for 2-2-2 or not?

For 2-2-2
Just too many benefits to be against it

5 Likes

Sure they do; you just donā€™t agree with them.

I understand what itā€™s like to invalidate things I donā€™t agree with or like. Itā€™s a shady practice but I think to some extent we all do it.

Oh ok, you the first person reasonable on this matter than some other people Iā€™ve met. Other than someone else.