And so ends stage 3, 2-2-2 incoming

Thank God it’s coming. I know OWL meta has shifted to more dps comps but ladder needs seperate SR for roles and people who wants to master tank/healer, not being forced.

I’m 100% going back to Competitive when 222 hits live.

32 Likes

What time does that start? I might have to go to work during it unfortunately

Same. One of the things putting me off from comp is the randomness of it. I don’t want to deal with 3-4 dps players. And I also don’t wanna deal with that against the enemy team.

I’ll take a balanced comp that is more competitively serious. Like any other game does that isn’t OW.

4 Likes

Which 2/2/2 isn’t nor will ever be.

8 Likes

People against 2-2-2 literally have zero valid points tbh

21 Likes

Game is designed around 2-2-2, Jeff mentioned it that is not fun playing solo tank and/or solo support in a uncoordinated environment.
And it’s far easier to balance

9 Likes

Because you think so and are factually wrong. Look at more successful competitive team games. Role/hero locks and banning. If OW is going to get any better that has to be the path it has to take.

You’re only delaying progress just like the people that cried about no limits being removed. being able to stack the same hero was a joke and it made comp a joke. Now 2-2-2 is taking no limits spot.

12 Likes

“Look at other successful ccompetitive team games… that also play nothing like Overwatch HurDuR”

The only thing that is a joke are players who actually think 2/2/2 will make things better. It won’t, at all.

6 Likes

Thank god 222 is coming even tho Blizzard banned me for this. Yikes

still waiting on those reasons friend

9 Likes

Again, you are not even explaining yourself for your reasoning. Those games put you against another team with set objectives. They don’t play the same, but the general idea of the games is the same. They’re different games obviously, but they can be compared.

You’re being a child that just keeps repeating “no” because of something they don’t like.

8 Likes

Or perhaps, I actually look at things logically instead of complaining “WASHAHHA 4-5 DPS, WAAHH” you know, the main reason you fools think 2/2/2 is needed even though it wouldn’t fix the underlying issue of what causes those comps.

3 Likes

I do look at it logically. I look at more successful competitive team games. League of legends went through this same deal. There was no role queue before season 5 ish? Before it got introduced into the game, you had the same babies like you here ranting about how bad it would be.
Yet here we are and those same babies changed their mind with how much better the game became.

Overwatch already went through this before with no limits. Now it’s 2-2-2 and it’s the same babies all over again. Also again, you remain acting like a child and still fail to provide any reasoning as to why 2-2-2 is not needed and won’t fix anything.

10 Likes

You can’t fix the underlying issue of 4-5 DPS but you can fix the comp experience.

1 Like

People saying stuff like this have no empathy tbh

Enjoy your year of Bunker mirror matches.

5 Likes

League of Legends is not like Overwatch…

You can’t really assume that since it worked for them it will for this game

The only thing that it will fix is now you will have two healers and tanks, yet the player base will be the same.

Nah, there will be something magical like balancing, at least I hope it will not be a “blizzard soon tm”

6 Likes

People expecting balance to magically get fixed while I’m here almost certain that there’s no way we’ll move away from flavor of the month(s) because even the smaller advantage will always be exploited.

I’m not a fan of hero bans, but it would literally do a lot more for balance than 2-2-2 ever could.

1 Like

Some people may believe it. I know it will not be magically fixed, but balancing will be a lot easier and matches will be more fun (at least for tank and sup mains)
Edit: Bans would help a lot too, especially against broken comps/heroes/balance changes

1 Like