Ana unfair 80 dmg nerf + QOL changes

You sound like me when you said you make numerous post on the forums about Ana. I have too and when it comes to Ana I think they’re being bias to Ana. I made a post called WHY DO YOU HAVE A BACKBONE FOR THE WRONG REASONS? Using Ana as a prime example of how they mistreat her.

Ana is so weak now because people don’t take in the consideration of how much the game has changed and how much a lot of changes to most of her other characters she worked well with. Ana has a lot of indirects hits and the recent damage fall off buff is another hit to Ana.

When I made post about buffing Ana some would say oh that’s OP or Ana will bring back Triple Tank or will become OP again. It’s like they’re more scared of Ana then Mercy when Mercy has been destroying the game for over a year now.

Most of the changes I wanted for Ana was basically reverts.

• 80 damage just like you want because 70 damage is too easy to counterplay.

• Anti-Nade lasting 5 seconds and range back to 5mm since this was nerf because of the 100% healing boost that’s not even here anymore.

• I wanted the speed boost to come back but that won’t happen because of the instant 300 HP Boost from Nano which I believe is even better than the speed boost.

• I also wanted a healing passive where Ana heals 15 HPS for every shot landed on teammate.

• A faster reload from 1.5 seconds to 1.25 seconds to reload.

I also wanted the Nano-Boost range to be increased to 200 meters just like how Deadeye got that buff because it makes no sense why you have to get out of high ground position to give the nanoboost.

Ana’s biggest problem is that her value doesn’t equal the reward of playing the hero especially when a lot more easier support heroes get tons more value. I consider Zenyatta a better sniper than Ana.

Look at all these indirect nerfs to Ana…

This is just too much for Ana to deal with.

2 Likes

Yeah, for guys like me and you I really hope we get the credit we deserve. It is just mentally exhausting, frustrating, sad, pissed off, and irritation. I just want to play the damn game. People give them the feedback they need, yet they don’t respond & capitalize off it end result being it heavily hurts the game.

Blizzard does tend to either have some ego or go through with a bad idea regardless of how crap it is. The less ego they have, and the more they communicate understand the community POV the better the game is.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel. It’s just mind blowing of how they don’t see the problem. I get frustrated more and more as I can’t play Ana as much as I want to even after getting so good with her. I do flex but damn man…I want my work I put in to have value.

1 Like

I think they clearly see the problem, but just don’t want to fix it for ‘reasons’. Which is probably worse than just being ignorant to what’s going wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah it makes no sense man. The only realistic way to get their attention is constant spam on bumping threads which is stupid.

If a person gives developer constant forum post that are in-depth and have some decent points made, then that should get some developers to comment and give their counter feedback whether they agree, disagree, have other plans, or change their mind later and agree with the player.

It is bull when a player invests time in a hero, posts decent feedback, and they inturn get a middle finger basically.

this.

Most likely they have some ego and dont want to go back on their mistakes and rather just go through with the bad idea. Cause really, what is their ego gonna say if they revert 80 damage on Ana? “we were wrong” no, doubt it. They never do that where they say “we were wrong”

This or they have a really awful view of pick-rates and win-rates that don’t describe much. Meaning if people rant on a thread often, because of pickrate and not liking a hero, they are more likely to listen to that rather than an Ana player posting when her pickrate is average and saying the balance she needs.

So they listen to spam & tainted stats over a player with some experience on the class.

WHY DO YOU HAVE A BACKBONE FOR THE WRONG REASONS?

^ This is the real reason. I believe they don’t know what they’re doing. But being ignored is basically saying F you.

Yeah I know which is why I have to support my post that I made to make sure people can see and understand. The balancing logic hasn’t been making sense at all.

basically yeah.

You cant make the excuse “there a lot of players on the forum we don’t see some stuff” when a dude has 3000 posts on the old forum discussing Ana, never getting a developer reply, and basically the difference between rants of pickrate or logic & reason from the player who actually plays the class. (On the old forums I replied to every response I got on my Ana threads gave in-depth fair and respectable feedback, and no dev comment. It was insulting and cruel to me).

Jeff Kaplan was like “man I know what its like to say somethings bad about the game, and not get a developer to reply when I was younger”

Yet that same garbage is happening to me. Waiting on 80 damage forever.

1 Like

I’d take a nice general, frequently updated hah, post about their standings on each character with a rebuttal to common complaints/questions/suggestions. Would be nice to have a bit more explanation on the whys and whats of some of the things done/not done.

I mean I think they should just start replying and giving some back in forth feedback with threads that have in-depth balance feedback.

because the main poster & people on the thread who supported it deserve some replys.

It would feel brutally unfair if a person with 3000 posts on a hero about balance never got a reply or some counter feedback while they just make some random thread where people out of nowhere can ask questions.

I saw that D.va balance thread with heavy in-depth feedback FINALLY get developer response that was like “no we don’t agree” and I was like man… that dude has been posting for ages to get a reply, and thats what they get? A person who actually plays the class and understands it well got upvoted like crazy. Like wow. Sucks. Then later they rework d.va adding rockets cause of ego.

…but I don’t know much about D.va, I know a lot about Ana. I just trust in general people who play, understand, and know details about the heroes they play will usually have the best feedback.

Dva is actually better than before. The problem is all the counterplay heroes to heroes like Dva are all considered unfun so they are kept weak. Because for some reason unfun = unbalanced. I hate the new dva more than matrix dva because I played counters to that annoying style of just hold matrix.

I believe Dva shouldn’t be able to shoot and fly and having those missiles makes it worst still.

I mean I don’t remember the details too well, but I just know that poster was on and on the forum constantly posting feedback, and to watch devs just be like no finally sucked. Then later they add rockets for a random reason that did not address their concerns.

point is like there is a difference between a player who loves the class & will post in-depth balance feedback from their understanding compared to rant threads cause unfun = unbalanced, must nerf, lets rant in crowds and spam. Just look at Brigitte, imagine someone who actually likes that class.

and then we see rant threads trash talking pickrate get balance changes, but when the player who plays the role talks about feedback it is ignored brutally.

1 Like

Once a thread or post has enough momentum in it, I don’t think a lot of dev responses would be really accepted by the community since it either wouldn’t be ‘enough’ of a response or they’d be held at their word - and when that didn’t come to fruition exactly as described, the forums would riot about how they were lied to.

Seeing how players react to some changes, I’d personally be worried about any kind of reply post. It would probably be much simpler to take a generic question and give an answer on their own. Perhaps a bit less satisfying, but less likely to cause problems I would think.

It’s because Unfun/Oppressive is looked at more than anything. But Mercy is a character who amplifies all the Unfun/Oppressive and she is Unfun/Oppressive herself yet they ignore the failure of the Mercy’s rework because of ego and not to mention of being a cash cow.

Mercy is too popular to stand against the community. Remember what they said during the Seagull interview?

“If we nerf Mercy we have to fight against the internet.”

Some people believe they were probably joking but I sure don’t.

I think if they just had some devs stop in within the week and just spend a few hours replying to posts with some back and forth feedback.

Their replys would feel less like god replys, and more like human replys w/ possible mistakes made.

The only reason they get a huge backlash is because they reply so little. So little to the point some youtuber makes a big deal about it on video. Their feedback, balance cycle is soooooooooooo slow. Thats one of the problems I see.

You only get a backlash from the community, because its this build up of player feedback that goes unnoticed. I’d probably be super upset with my 3000+ posts about Ana to see a developer tell me “shes a healer not a dps”

This is probably the most crippling thing. People might freak out less on every change if change happened in a day or a week rather than months.

It also seems like there’s been less and less dev replies as we go. And i can’t blame them really, I’ve seen the posts that want so-and-so dev fired because obviously one person is responsible for everything that happens. :\

There’s been decent backlash for things they haven’t even done (yet) because they’d given a guess-timate time frame before. Like with some of Reins fixes. “They said April but here we are…” Though I’m not excusing some of the … cute remarks as replies for something viewed, and demonstrated, as broken. I would think that’s a bit more infuriating than no reply - to feel mocked, almost.

yeah thats what I am saying man.

People 100% have the right to be frustrated and pissed off if it takes months and months for a developer response.

I’m blaming them for crippling slow balance, and lack of developer feedback. A lot of times I rather swap spots with the developer to know whats going on, make balance changes, and hop on the forum and reply to a lot of people for a few hours.

Their post seem carefully worded and like their scared to get yelled at. If you posted casually there would never be a huge back lash since the community could just be informed, and not sitting and waiting with frustration.

I think you’re underestimating how absolutely sh**ty people can be on the other side of a monitor. I wouldn’t want to be the face of a game - then you’re just a target. |:

IDK, I agree with you in wishing that everything was pretty much replied to, things happened faster, etc. but like I said, I can kind of see why they don’t want to. At least now. Maybe if it had gone better from the start, who knows.

1 Like

I really wish developers would act on these changes and add them when it comes to 80 damage & QOL changes / bug fixes.

I see at times people ask for certain changes like Widowmaker lower hook cool-down or Junkrat reworks and when they do add them, it overall refines the mechanics of that character making them feel smoother. When they don’t, they end up with horrible reworks. Like a lot of Blizzard reworks no offense are bad.

When they listen to the players who actually play the class & give a crap about their feedback, the game gets improved.

I’m still bothered by how Junkrat got his weakness completely removed but Ana getting one huge weakness removed like getting a passive heal is such a problem.

I think she actually doesn’t need a self-heal passive. Her sustain, her passive is playing at a distance, but stuff gets in the way.

If you look at what is messed up about Ana, a lot has to do with getting in the way of her distanced playstyle which is indeed her strength. She operates different from mercy. From the developers perspective I assume they want Ana to be this hybrid sniper w/ strong utility, but no mobility. Exploitable for enemy, but high skill = high reward for the Ana player.

but they do not consider a lot of things get in the way of her distanced playstyle which is terrible since her strength, but a lot of clunky bad design gets in the way (like suggested QOL changes above). Things like no mobility, lacking in rifle damage at 70, having to jump down from high ground to nanoboost. These are the aspects that take away from her distanced playstyle she benefits from.

Ana is a different role, perhaps she is not meant to have self heals like Moira or Mercy, but is meant to be less clunky and improve on that distanced sniper support playstyle.

This is sorta why it makes no sense to remove 80 damage, as she needs it to defend high ground area in 1v1 so she can do her job at a distance… but with things like 60 or 70 dmg roles like Tracer or Doomfist easily overwhelm her. Armor is HEAVILY broken against her damage. Clunky design gets in the way too much.

1 Like