Ana unfair 80 dmg nerf + QOL changes

Most likely, because its unexpected for a heal role to reload…when everything else in support doesn’t aim to heal, and plays more frontline.

People don’t get Ana, people understand a Mercy pocketing them stuffing their face in their butt 2 feet away. They expect pocket / heal dispenser.

1 Like

Fair assessment, but it’s not like Ana is new to the game either. The most basic understanding should honestly be there at this point, though I may have my expectations too high.

It’s a little depressing tbh, I get that Ana fell completely out of the meta for a long while, but dang.

Yeah, I’ve been on the old forums, and ever since Ana was released.

You’d be suprised at how many people ruined Ana off ranting cause of pick-rate and just not caring with caution to balance her. It was agony to read a lot of the non sense that got Ana uncalled for nerfs.

Like seriously, after 60 damage, and the nade damage nerf, people were asking for more nerfs wanting her to be killed. Sucked, still sucks, I want 80 damage back.

My favourite was getting told by silver/gold rank players (not meaning to rank shame here but…) that Ana was just fine after all her nerfs and was in a really good spot.

2 Likes

Well if they commit to the fight its gg wp if you’re reloading or no, its not that people don’t listen (most of times). Idk I find it big problem myself, extra ammo wouldn’t fix the issue on lengthy fights.

In general, people are new to the concept of a high skill ceiling role that is a main healer.

Ana is the 1st and only high-skill ceiling role w/ healing. We are use to high-skill ceiling damage roles like Widow, Tracer, Genji. So I think its expected people are a bit new to the idea of Ana or unaware at least. Its understandable to compare mechanics of roles that heal, but it is not ok to set discussion based ONLY on a category they are in. Ana maybe in support, but her playstyle is different from ever role that heals by a long shot. said sniper pun intended

1 Like

Zenyatta seems to share some of this issue as well lately with all the posts regarding his damage and that he needs a nerf. I’ve been seeing the same theme I did with Ana back then - the whole: he’s a support/shouldn’t do that much damage/etc. I’m worried he and Ana will share a boat here sometime soon.

Too many people are seriously invested in the categories they offer.

1 Like

Yeah, thats why I am really hoping a lot of people dedicate themselves to constantly replying on threads like this. Cause if you keep replying / bumping chance for developer to see it and response.

Like even if tommorow night you dont see the forum up, just make a reply to bump it to the front page, it would help get others to see / reply.

I think a nice QOL change to Zenyatta would be if he could use heal orb while reloading or using that volley right click. It constantly cancels when someone is low and your trying to save them. . . but idk see, im not a zenyatta player nor do I talk about balance for Zenyatta.

Would suck though for sure if that same thing would happen with Zenyatta.

I’d absolutely love for her to get qol buffs. She’s not far from a perfect state imo.

1 Like

Yeah for sure. It is more about major clunky crap in her playstyle that heavily get in the way like a teammate blocking your nade putting it on high cool-down or rifle damage leaving targets with like 5 hp as they escape or kill you, because 70 dmg is just slightly not enough.

This, and just watching how the roster changes Ana over time and seeing what happens next. Your always on my threads, I appreciate the support, & replys that bump the thread / contribute.

Glanced through your drop downs and can I just say…

Needs a thread every day until they actually address it - whether it’s actually intended to be this way or not. This is probably one of the most obnoxious interactions - right up there with the grenade breaking on someone behind you. You’re already ‘punished’ by it being DoT, don’t need to make it worse.

2 Likes

Yeah many people unaware how broken armor vs Ana’s rifle damage. I never hear it mentioned and its like really, really, broken and brutal. Also as an aesthetic feel, it is very embarrassing for a sniper to be super weak against armor.

If I am not mistaken, armor takes off 5 points of damage for every 10 dmg or more. For Ana its broken working off every tick, not off per rifle shot.

So if im not wrong 4 ticks per 1 shot is 20 damage removed for 1 rifle damage shot. I just know it takes a lot off per 1 shot and no one in-game has to deal with this, but Ana.

2 Likes

There was an occasional thread when Brigi first went live in comp, and you’re not mistaken on the math. I don’t recall any thread about it prior to Brigi though it had to have been a problem before then… unless they did it as a stealth nerf?

doubt it, I assume its a broken mechanic about Ana developers are not aware of. Due to the idea that Ana’s rifle is DOT damage, and I can’t really think of someone else that has that type of tick damage.

So while armor may work off the idea of 5 damage off 10 dmg or more.

Ana probably has a mechanic that is tick damage, but it was not considered to compensate for armor. Blizzard often does this though with bugs / unintended mechanic, take forever to change them.

So I assume unless they see a thread like this that lists the major problem, it will probably take them forever to notice and address the problem, even though its big, but people are unaware as people in general usually consider Ana a healer and never think about it.

You sound like me when you said you make numerous post on the forums about Ana. I have too and when it comes to Ana I think they’re being bias to Ana. I made a post called WHY DO YOU HAVE A BACKBONE FOR THE WRONG REASONS? Using Ana as a prime example of how they mistreat her.

Ana is so weak now because people don’t take in the consideration of how much the game has changed and how much a lot of changes to most of her other characters she worked well with. Ana has a lot of indirects hits and the recent damage fall off buff is another hit to Ana.

When I made post about buffing Ana some would say oh that’s OP or Ana will bring back Triple Tank or will become OP again. It’s like they’re more scared of Ana then Mercy when Mercy has been destroying the game for over a year now.

Most of the changes I wanted for Ana was basically reverts.

• 80 damage just like you want because 70 damage is too easy to counterplay.

• Anti-Nade lasting 5 seconds and range back to 5mm since this was nerf because of the 100% healing boost that’s not even here anymore.

• I wanted the speed boost to come back but that won’t happen because of the instant 300 HP Boost from Nano which I believe is even better than the speed boost.

• I also wanted a healing passive where Ana heals 15 HPS for every shot landed on teammate.

• A faster reload from 1.5 seconds to 1.25 seconds to reload.

I also wanted the Nano-Boost range to be increased to 200 meters just like how Deadeye got that buff because it makes no sense why you have to get out of high ground position to give the nanoboost.

Ana’s biggest problem is that her value doesn’t equal the reward of playing the hero especially when a lot more easier support heroes get tons more value. I consider Zenyatta a better sniper than Ana.

Look at all these indirect nerfs to Ana…

This is just too much for Ana to deal with.

2 Likes

Yeah, for guys like me and you I really hope we get the credit we deserve. It is just mentally exhausting, frustrating, sad, pissed off, and irritation. I just want to play the damn game. People give them the feedback they need, yet they don’t respond & capitalize off it end result being it heavily hurts the game.

Blizzard does tend to either have some ego or go through with a bad idea regardless of how crap it is. The less ego they have, and the more they communicate understand the community POV the better the game is.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel. It’s just mind blowing of how they don’t see the problem. I get frustrated more and more as I can’t play Ana as much as I want to even after getting so good with her. I do flex but damn man…I want my work I put in to have value.

1 Like

I think they clearly see the problem, but just don’t want to fix it for ‘reasons’. Which is probably worse than just being ignorant to what’s going wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah it makes no sense man. The only realistic way to get their attention is constant spam on bumping threads which is stupid.

If a person gives developer constant forum post that are in-depth and have some decent points made, then that should get some developers to comment and give their counter feedback whether they agree, disagree, have other plans, or change their mind later and agree with the player.

It is bull when a player invests time in a hero, posts decent feedback, and they inturn get a middle finger basically.

this.

Most likely they have some ego and dont want to go back on their mistakes and rather just go through with the bad idea. Cause really, what is their ego gonna say if they revert 80 damage on Ana? “we were wrong” no, doubt it. They never do that where they say “we were wrong”

This or they have a really awful view of pick-rates and win-rates that don’t describe much. Meaning if people rant on a thread often, because of pickrate and not liking a hero, they are more likely to listen to that rather than an Ana player posting when her pickrate is average and saying the balance she needs.

So they listen to spam & tainted stats over a player with some experience on the class.

WHY DO YOU HAVE A BACKBONE FOR THE WRONG REASONS?

^ This is the real reason. I believe they don’t know what they’re doing. But being ignored is basically saying F you.

Yeah I know which is why I have to support my post that I made to make sure people can see and understand. The balancing logic hasn’t been making sense at all.