Ana needs nerfs?

Inb4 “Ana deserves to be the #1 pick everywhere because she needs to aim”

11 Likes

It’s ridiculous really. And she is one of my most played heroes. But the way they are playing favorites with her… it’s laughable. She is a huge issue for the enemy Tanks and one of the best Supports for two Tanks in her team. Except for the lack of mobility, she literally has no weakness at all. She is the best Support in the game for such a long time now and was barely touched. Funny, because no other Support was EVER allowed to be this strong for longer than few weeks. Looks like it’s reserved for Ana and partly Baptiste too.

2 Likes

Mothers knows best, now go to sleep!

git gud with pharah or get a mercy pocket, stop making ana nerf threads.

like if i purely dps i have been able to get silver dmg easily with her.Its not the ideal way though and you wont win gmaes playing like that.

I play her cause she is fun even when it was mercy moira bap or brig meta.

Most good ana’s only have around 2.7-3k dmg per 10 min even someone like ml7, only few people like awkward push it to 4k/10min.

Depends on what sort of timeframe you’re looking at. For the 3-month average (my preferred view, tends to do the best at weeding out aberrations), Ana is #1 at all ranks.

But let’s say that “this week” really means anything, despite there not being a new patch to require jettisoning older data. There’s still the problem of GM rank does not matter the most. In fact, with the smallest possible player pool, and the least incentive to want or need a wide variety of tools, GM is the least important rank to consider for balancing.

The very notion that a hero roster with wildly varying skill floors and skill ceilings, should at all be balanced around the whims of <1% of the playerbase that probably don’t have use for most of them, is ludicrous on it’s face. It’s an absurd notion that only gains traction because on the surface it sounds like something reasonable. Don’t fall victim to it.

2 Likes

Agreed OP, Ana is overpowered.

Her Nade needs to be changed so it blocks 75% of heals max and her Sleep should last half its normal duration at most when it lands on Tanks.

1 Like

Brother over here speaking facts. Us tank mains suffer her wrath, or are boosted unfairly when she’s an ally.

Actually, my brother had a neat idea, in that sleep dart’s duration should scale with health pool size. The higher the health pool, the shorter the duration. Less infuriating for Tanks, and heroes who need CC to be countered such as Tracer or staggering D.Va with no mech will be more vulnerable.

2 Likes

Except… both this week and this month in GM where it’s Zenyatta.

And now you could argue that “SHES NECK AND NECK WITH BAP”. But then she’s also neck and neck with Brig by that logic. Brig Bap and Ana are all aroun 5.5-6.5%. Zen this week is at 8% and this month is in the exact same percentage bracket as the other 3.

So how by any stretch is Ana “number 1” everywhere? You could go tell me “BUT SHE’S NUMBER 1 IN BRONZE TO PLAT” and yeah, that’s cus she gets more value on disorganised teams and she’s also popular.

But either way. Ana is not at the top everywhere and she isn’t even at the top where it counts. She’s 3rd.

No they haven’t.
For the record last year, she was nerfed 3 times.
Healing reduced by 5 per shot.
Ammo reduced from 14 to 12
And Sleep dart duration from 6s to 5s

Those are 3 significant nerfs. Reducing her uptime by 15% and her hps by 6.25 as well as nerfing her CC.

If Mercy going from 50 to 55hps was big. This was arguably larger.

Yes because how the hell does Ana work without sleepdart?
Does she just use nade defensively all the time. No, because that means she can’t use it offensively. Do you give Ana some mobility? No. Because 1. Ana doesn’t suit mobility and 2. You don’t want an Ana getting stupid nade angles or sniper spots that make her hard to reach.
So what do you give Ana instead of her CC? Tell me? Because Sleep dart is her most important defense. It’s a skill shot and it’s a long cooldown. It’s not that problematic.

The absurd and false stats and the false notion of favourite child treatment?

2 Likes

Yes she need nerfs.

All the Amari bloodline need a nerf .

Overbuff isn’t the best, but we don’t have a lot either. Although, GM for this week, and this month reflects that Ana is not even in the current meta.
Comparing this week compared to this month shows Zen’s pickrate skyrocketing.

Zenyatta 23,53%
Baptiste 19,47%
Ana 17,22%
Brigitte 15,82%
Mercy 10,12%
Lucio 10,12%
Symmetra 1,96%
Moira 1,76%

And if we look even higher to OWL for all matches 2021, another support is dominating the #1 slot with Ana and Baptiste fighting over 2nd and third. Lucio isn’t to far behind on 4th place either.
https://gyazo.com/353eff47427a2f60d60c185d15ec25f0

Ana is played because she is fun and viable. She is fun and viable, that is it. She’s not broken she’s just viable and very fun. Although I can agree that Ana players are so annoying since they’re literally EVERYWHERE

Look ALL RANKS not only gm.

if you look all other ranks is always ANA on top.

funny how people don’t show those stats.

4 Likes

Ana is top picked hero for straight 4 years lmao . Even if some tank is even more broken she still holds 1st place in support category.

If Ana isnt 1st support for 2 months it doesnt mean shes isnt broken.

Brig also received 20+ nerfs and yet she still meta in upper ranks :face_with_hand_over_mouth: .

These all are baby nerfs - ammo is still huge, healing per shot is still the highest on primary weapons in the game and sleep dart is still longest CC also well known as guaranteed death.

It what means being reworked.

How will Symmetra work in DPS category ? How will Sombra work with minimum silence ? What ability should Mercy receive with removal of MR ?

The ironic thing is that SD is the longest CC in the game isnt touched by any means while Mei with arguably best interactive counterplay is left with more damage while Devs pretend that her freeze isnt as iconic as SD :joy:

3 Likes

Just isn’t though. She dropped off last year and it’s been between Brig Zen Bap, Ana Mercy and Lucio all year. Metas have shifted.

Brig isn’t Ana.
And on top of that the 20+ “nerfs” were before she got reworked too. AND including her rework. it’s disingenuous to suggest she’s had “20 nerfs” to her current state when it was reworked.
There has been a fair few but Ana is clearly not broken. Brig repeatedly rose to the top after her nerfs. Ana drops in and out of Meta.

Let’s ignore all the drawbacks of any of what you just said.
Ammos is decent but downtime is still downtime.
Healing per shot is the highest but it’s single target, has potential to miss, can’t do damage at the same time.
Sleep dart is a long CC but is not a guranteed death unless you get slept in a bad position.

OK. But how do you rework Ana to have a suitable defense that lets her escape the enemy while having no mobility. Sleep dart is what lets her do that currently, so what do you suggest as a replacement.

1. It’s an alpha build you imbecile. That in simple terms means, “not finished” and on top of that we’ve seen basically nothing of the support category as a whole and the direction they want to go. The Devs and Andy have repeatedly said “they are not ready to talk about supports”.
  2. It has been touched, it’s shorter and it has a 15s CD.

Except you fail to consider how both these heroes kits work in a 5v5 environment.
Mei has no way of engaging an enemy with her primary. Only if they come to her of she walks all the way over there.
All for a cheap kill where she has to hold M1 and has plenty of counterplay. It’s a trash part of her kit that is mostly useless, but also oppressive vs the sole tank.
Removing the freeze keeps the Slow CC and raises damage to make the primary fire more consistent and useful in effective range while allowing for buffs to the rest of her kit to make that effective range better and more suitable for 5v5.

Sleep dart is Ana’s only defense as I’ve said. It’s a skillshot that is hard to land on most (see how I said MOST) of the cast. Sleep dart can be yeeted at enemy tanks but is a stupid play to do so in most cases. And with the higher cooldown, sending your sleep out to narnia is going to leave you vulnerable for longer. Ana’s kit can’t work as is without sleep. Mei’s kit can work without freeze and will work better without it.

So I again suggest to you. What do you give Ana that is not mobility or CC that provides a suitable self defense to let her escape a dive target, that is also inconsistent on most dive targets to keep her weak to dive (Which BTW, is stronger in 5v5.)

If they nerfed nano’s resistance and healing. Leaving nano to only do 50% damage boost, blade would still one shot with nano.

Yes.

The sleep needs to go and there should be no healing immunity.

If Ana is broken then Bap is balanced and Brig isn’t Overpowered.

Brig isn’t overpowered, immortality is broken though

Lol.

I played a game earlier while healing. Our rein dropped shield to firestrike, he got slept instantly and then died before he could control his character again.

Sleep dart needs to go.

2 Likes