Ana? Main healer? NEVER

Not consistently lol

I can dream that one day Ana will be a main healer… I feel so much more productive as Ana and Moira than playing Mercy, despite healing more.

It’s possible for Ana to play around enemy Rein or Orisa’s barriers.

If you want to see Ana return, D. Va and Winston have to disappear entirely or have their bubble/matrix severely curtailed.

1 Like

Or Ana gets scoped piercing healing shots.

But Ana will never be as consistent. At 93 HPS an Ana with 50% accuracy will only heal for 46.5 HPS. If a player is hitting 100% of their shots then they deserve to 2x the healing a Mercy can. They earned it.

It’s a nice idea, but introduces some problems.

1 Like

As far as I know, devs have never designated roles like “main healer” or “off healer,” those are playerbase constructs. Did I miss something?

1 Like

Well my weapon accuracy on Ana is on average 65%, it’s not that hard to land those shots, especially on tanks and in close ranges which Mercy is supposed to heal at. The only time it’s hard to land shots is at long ranges which Mercy wouldn’t even be able to heal at to begin with.

At a 1-15m range with Ana’s bio rifle the hitbox of allies is extremely big and Ana also now has an advantage of just spamming bullets in a fight that heal damaged teammates.

1 Like

What a lazy argument

I know, but it would certainly help her out a lot!

Sounds like rez is the real problem here then.

Idk I think Anti is incredibly undervalued on the forums, it’s a pretty powerful ability.

Definitely not Rez level but still it’s more powerful than people say it is.

1 Like

Valkyrie allows Mercy to compete with Ana and Moira on the very heals they’re trying to nerf now. Before the rework, a Mercy player would be hard-pressed to keep up. Before the rework, the healers were much better aligned.

Depends on who you talk to. Anti is amazing, especially with how immortal teams are becoming with the healing output being pumped into the game. But there are people who overstate Ana’s effectiveness too. They’re the ones who tend to believe her problems stem from how strong other healers are.

It’s no rez but I couldn’t agree more that Anti and Ana as a character is undervalued. She’s an easy target to blame when things are going bad

Anti is really powerful. Now if only teams would focus the anti’d target…
Same as how people should really focus Discorded targets more.
Or how sleeping targets should be ignored in favor of winning the team fight faster and cleaning up the sleeper later.

It’s not lazy at all, just effectively undermining your opening premise of “blizz recognizes Mercy as a main healer, so why nerf her healing?”

Your response was lazy.

Once again very lazy.

Statistically Mercy beats both Moira and Ana in total healing output, except at the GM level. Ana has somewhat high burst healing, but after the first minute of the game, both Mercy and Ana will leave her in the dust.

If you look at the stat at the top level Ana does around 9.5k healing per game, while Mercy is around 13.6k and Moira is close to 15k.

Obviously, debate is lost on you. I’ll exit your thread.